Arizona Gold V2.4 PcMac

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
karsten

Post by karsten » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Version 2 has been posted. Check out the changelog in the first post for details of the enhancements, contributed mainly by Universum. :P
Attachments
Along the Colorado.jpg
Along the Colorado.jpg (404.07 KiB) Viewed 11248 times

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 am

Arg! Why does free fly not work for me!

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:56 am

New installer attached to this post: http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic ... 4376#14376

This also supports the optional RRT_Tunnels.xml file as it was in the first version of this map.

Wiki updated to include links to both installers.

Mike

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:02 am

:P Great! Thanks, atani.

universum

Post by universum » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:21 am

Warll,

free fly camera crashes on my computer too. I think it has something to do with map size because I can do it on Southwest scenario and it won't crash no matter what I do but when I try it on any custom map, it usually works as long as I don't try to lift camera up towards horizontal direction too much. When I try to "look up", it does not take long and I get a crash.

Kasten, does it work for you all the time or just long enough to get those screenshots?

universum

Post by universum » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:26 am

Everyone,

I am really curious who will beat it on Robber Baron difficulty first (and remember, you have to start at Phoenix).

Same for Barstow start, it is rather hard at the beginning.

And don't forget to share your success stories.

gforce

Post by gforce » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:19 am

Hé karsten,
got yourself a personal tunnels-install :D
i've got a problem with the map
(remember Basin & Range Demo map, about texture map)
but hé, got you a present, (usefull for those that have also a problem (if they excist)
what i did, more or less the same as with Basin & Range Demo map, i've changed 1 color in the texture map with another color (2 versions) (included in the zip file (version2 and version3), (maybe version2 is the most close to the original as result)
i don't know what you wanna do with it, but maybe you could post it at your first message as additional map (at max replace the original if you can live with the result)
have a look at the 2 versions and maybe you could choose the one you like the most...
if you want to change the map by yourself (but i think, you can't check it if that other version will work, so you could send it to me and i will check it, if you want)
anyway,
let's hope you're happy with my post, and not aggressive frustrated :wink: (it's a joke daddy :wink: )

ok, let's play! 8)
Attachments
overview
overview
overview.jpg (158.21 KiB) Viewed 11181 times
TGA ADDAPTED.zip
includes just 2 tga files, version2 and version3
(2 MiB) Downloaded 397 times

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 pm

:idea: Hi gforce, anyone who has the same graphics problem can get your adapted tga from your post here! :D

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 pm

karsten wrote::idea: Hi gforce, anyone who has the same graphics problem can get your adapted tga from your post here! :D
I have uploaded a version 2.0a of the installer which now includes the alternative terrain for people who need it.

Mike

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:27 pm

universum wrote:Warll,

free fly camera crashes on my computer too. I think it has something to do with map size because I can do it on Southwest scenario and it won't crash no matter what I do but when I try it on any custom map, it usually works as long as I don't try to lift camera up towards horizontal direction too much. When I try to "look up", it does not take long and I get a crash.
By "Dows not work" i mean that nothing happens when I press Ctrl+F.

Slappy Da Clown

hmmmmm

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Well, try as i may, although it keeps on crashing, I cant make it crash twice in the same place or at the same event. It seems to play on fine for a random amount of time then just crash. I have been able to notice that the track will disappear & a large, square section in a random location, will turn from dirt & rocks to water ( although it still acts like dirt ). Perhaps something is happening that I just hav`nt noticed but Ive crashed it about 10 times trying to find it.
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 am

Hi Slappy,
could it be the memory? I notice that most people posting positively about this map seem to have 2 GB. like myself. 16 x 16 as map size is bigger than anything Firaxis wanted to support, and there must be a reason for that.

Big Papa

Post by Big Papa » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:42 am

Slappy Da Clown,

Do you have the shaders set to medium in you r graphics settings? I have had this problem with my maps on low shaders (terrain ripping off exposing water below). It will rip apart on low, but doesn't on medium shader for me. BTW, I have 1 GB of RAM.

Big Papa

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:27 am

This map is fantastic...I love it for steam.

I have been testing, building some new engines and double heading many... I found that this and a few other maps would just blip out for no reason. I had thought the trouble was the tender car listing at first, but now I have moved your map and the other scenarios to the {User Maps} file ... everything cleared right up, game/maps run for several hours with no more issues. I had been trying to double head the 2-8-0_Consolidation and couldn't figure out why it hadn’t popped up, right after I moved the file…cleared out the tender cars (goods cars stay) listing inside all the scenarios, the 2_8_0 is now double headed and shows up and runs on all the maps just fine.

I had noticed that if I make a new map from scratch or edit an existing one, the game’s file system wanted to throw them into the User Maps file...not the Scenarios file. I’m not sure if this is the fix all pill or not, just made an observation for now…but it seems to have fixed a lot of things for me.

I am using the NVIDIA/EVGA 680I SLI motherboard
Intel 3gig Dual Core chip
4gig of DDR2 Dual Core Ram
NVIDIA 7900 X 2 SLI config.
FSB and RAM speed at 800
I build my own machines.

This map has inspired me to download Microdem...I'm working on my first maps now.

universum

Post by universum » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:49 am

1GB is enough memory to run this map. I have spent countless hours playing and replaying and tweaking this map with it so I am very certain that it is very definitely enough.

I have this one and all other maps installed in UserMaps folder as well (to support Lowell's observation that it works when set up like that, cannot say that it does not work when put in Scenarios because I don't put maps there).