Santa scenario (Firaxis Holiday Scenario) repackaged

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
atani

Santa scenario (Firaxis Holiday Scenario) repackaged

Post by atani » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 pm

as part of my installer work (http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1383) attached is an installer for the Santa/Holiday Scenario map and custom assets.

This installer conforms to the new "global" XML file approach and should work fine for everyone.

I would suggest starting with a fresh install (no CustomAssets directory) before installing this map. All other map installers should play nicely with this installer as well.
Attachments
Setup_Santa_1.0.zip
extract and run setup to install the Firaxis Holiday Scenario.
(13.36 MiB) Downloaded 2332 times
Last edited by atani on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slappy Da Clown

nice

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:18 am

Played to a finish. All good except for some purple squares. Emptied Custom assest folder before install. Will try the edited Wisconsin next.

Slappy

atani

Re: nice

Post by atani » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 am

Slappy Da Clown wrote:Played to a finish. All good except for some purple squares. Emptied Custom assest folder before install. Will try the edited Wisconsin next.

Slappy
Found the problem, If you have installed this already you can search the RRT_Goods.xml file in your CustomAssets/XML directory for "ToySoldiers_" and replace it with "ToySoldier_" (remove the s).

I am uploading a new installer which contains this fix.

Mike

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Wed May 09, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi, i installed this Santa Scenario in usermaps and did nothing else.I can't find it in singleplayer.

like i said in another thread i have two folders named SMR on my c:drive.In the first one my CustomAssets folder is empty.In the other SMR-folder\CustomAssets i have the usual stuff.

When i install the Santa Scenario from the top in the first SMR folder the CustomAssets folder stays empty but when i look in the other one i find it there in the scenarios.Are you with me?OK

SMR is installed on my k:drive ,so when i look in that folder and click on the shortcut to CustomAssets i always end up in that empty folder.Maybe that's why the map won't load.

I uninstalled the game again now and removed all those installers(AC4400,GP7 etc..)

So, after reinstalling the game and the patch do i have to use the Santa-map from here or the original one( where can i find it)and where do i have to install it.CustomAssets or usermaps?Do i have to move XML files (RRT-trains or goods) and how do i fix this.I tryed it (copy and paste) but i can't get it in the folder i want.For exemple Santa-goods to RRT-goods it always end up besides it instead of in that folder.

I know,i'm not good in these things.

Thanks for the help.

Slappy Da Clown

OK

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm

OK Chalako

Heres what a drunken old clown thinks. You are misunderstanding some basic concepts. Please dont be offended, I will try to help.

1st I think you should uninstall Sid Meiers Railroads, after you uninstall it go to any folder where you know it may have put a file & delete anything leftover that you find ( including a folder in program files ).
Now restart your machine. Install Sid Meiers Railroads.
Make sure at this point that the basic game plays without any problem.
Shut down the game.

Now DOWNLOAD the revised santa from the above post. Once you have downloaded it. UNZIP it to any location you can find the file. Compressed (zipped) files have to be uncompressed (unzipped). To do this using Windows XP right click the zipped file & select EXTRACT ALL. Then follow the zip instructions.

Now you should have a file folder somewhere ( wherever you unzipped it to ) named Setup_Santa_1.0 ( you will note the file is no longer a zipped file ). Double click ( open ) that folder. Inside you will find an executable file named the same as the folder. DOUBLE CLICK this file to activate it. It will install the santa map to the place where it belongs & make the nessasary changes to any files required.

Now start the game. Select single player. Scroll through your list of maps until you find the santa map & play.

You will note that I have not asked you to move any files into any folders concerning the game. The setup installer will do that. All you need to do is download the map to somewhere you can find it then unzip it to somewhere you can find it. It is not required that the uniniated do that now that these nice people have made the setup installers.

Again, please dont be offended by this post. I can see that something is not being understood but I dont know for sure what so I have tried to make sure that it was all covered. I do think that you need to reinstall the game before you start this because of all the moving & files you have going on now, it would be easier with a clean slate start. Please dont be upset we will get you running. If you need more help just ask all the guys on here are ok & will help if they can.

WOW am I dry Im havin a beer now
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 am

Very good Slappy. I will add one thing - as you seem unfamiliar with this game and possibly computers themselves, ONLY download the ZIP files that begin with 'Setup' until you become familiar with the way things go in the game. They have saved a few people from dropping out.
If you continue to have problems with doing this, take screen shots of each step, ZIP them, and upload them and we'll try to help.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Fri May 11, 2007 4:41 pm

Slappy and snoopy55, sorry for the late reply.I didn't use my PC for two days because of my work.

As far as i know i did everything you said above.Don't know why i dosn't work.I will try again later on in the week.I have no time right now.

Thanks for the help.Have a beer on my account. :wink:

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Sat May 12, 2007 6:05 am

Finaly some good news, the Santamap is running.Yihaa!!!!! :lol:

When i installed the game i had one SMR-folder on my c:drive but after i added the Santamap i got two folders again.I started the game and no Santamap to find.So, i looked in that second folder and there it was.I moved everything to the second folder and deleted the first and when i started the game again Santa was there.Cool!!!

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 12, 2007 7:02 am

This is the full address that the files should be in:

C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML\_SCENARIOS_

what do you have, and what was the other?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Sat May 12, 2007 7:52 am

The files are now in the address you said.Before they where in C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Railroads!

I did what Slappy and you said, they should have been installed automaticly in the right place....no?

Slappy Da Clown

cool

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sat May 12, 2007 9:28 am

yes

With the set up installer all is where it belongs. Unless otherwise said you will not need any of the editing of xmls so ignore those in the posts. Have fun
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU