Random Map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
zzbusch

Random Map

Post by zzbusch » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:20 pm

While fooling around with the Terrain Editor, I thought I'd try something. I decided to make a map to be used exclusively with the random settings. As far as I can tell, the only things not random are the cities and their names.

From the readme:
Extract to: My Documents\My Games\SMR\CustomAssets\XML\SCENARIOS You might also want to extract to a separate folder and copy\paste the RandomMap folder.

I made this map to be used only as a random map. Please place a check mark in the Randomize Landscape and Randomize City Locations at the bottom right side of the map intro.If you play it any other way, it will be boring, dull, and not to pretty. You can try it if you'd like, but I recommend random settings.

If you want to make this map easier or harder, just open the RRT_Scenario_User_RandomMap.xml and edit to how you would like it to play.
Feel free to alter this map as you see fit, but please give credit to the original maker.

If anyone has ideas to make it better, let me know, I'll try to make time to add to it. Of course you can alter it yourself, also.

I just updated. There was no where to deliver Gold, or Arms,and Textiles. Now there is.

Edited 1/23/07 to add a few things. Bigger map and altered Scenario a little.
Attachments
RandomMap.zip
(77.41 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Last edited by zzbusch on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember railroads is sdaorliar spelled backward

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:03 pm

Ok......
Grabbed the one up now.
I did play random landscape and cities.
There's so much there, I spent 2 hours in one tiny area. Freight all over the place.

Thanks
Pete

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:44 pm

The only problem seems to be the games desire to lump everything together in the middle. I've tried a few times and it always seems to be the same. Rather a waste of space with all that nice scenery out there and no reason to run rails through most of it. :)