Flagler's Florida

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
zzbusch

Flagler's Florida

Post by zzbusch » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:31 pm

I made a new map for myself to use. After building it, I thought, maybe some others would like to try it.
It's a mid size map. I made the Scenario pretty easy, I think playing at Robber Baron is the best challenge. There is plenty of resources and places to take them.
If anyone has ideas to make it better, let me know. It's not really finished, but was a fun learning experience.
It's built to commemorate Henry Flagler, who brought railroads to Florida.

Unzip to your My Documents\My Games\SMR\Custom Assets\XML\Scenarios
Attachments
Flagler'sFlorida.zip
(202.94 KiB) Downloaded 956 times
Remember railroads is sdaorliar spelled backward

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 am

Great map! been playing for awhile with no problems! :) I see you got the Flordia Keys in it partly,can you make a city on the keys? Thanks! :)

d53642

Post by d53642 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:46 am

Its also nice if you can post a screenie of the map thumbnail too.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 am

I played it and had a number of crashes. I finally got it up to Sept. 1869 when some auction was coming up and it crashed again, this time at the same place 4 more times, from a saved game. I ran 3 spyware/adware programs and found I hadn't done it for 2 weeks. 5 turned up. After that the map ran fine and I owned all 3 by 1916 with a worth of over $85,000,000.

Can this be called proff of one type of problem :roll: :D :wink: :idea:

Great map.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

zzbusch

Post by zzbusch » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:08 pm

I told you it was an easy map. :)

Would anyone that downloads this map and gets a crash, please post that you crashed. Please, like Snoopy, make sure you're not running any spyware/adware that might cause the crash. Crash info is only helpful if you're running a clean machine.

Thank you very much. :)

TheProgrammingGuy

Post by TheProgrammingGuy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Ran this map just fine, absolutely no probs. Even had it paused for 2+ hours while attending other business. Lots of food. :shock:

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:53 pm

So far, so good.
Been running all morning with no problems.
The only mod I have is the tender cars.

Pete

atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:56 am

attached is an installer for this map.
Attachments
Setup_FloridaTestBuild_1.0.zip
extract and run setup to install this map.
(182.09 KiB) Downloaded 825 times

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 am

I tried to play this with my duals and noticed it would not load the duals. I looked in the RRT_TrainCars_FloridaTestBuild and saw there was mention to "Tender Cars' I removed this>

</szName></TrainCar></RRTGoodCars><RRTTenderCars><TenderCar><szName>Norris Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Planet Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Beuth Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Patentee Tender Car

Now I have the duals, but will the game crash??? :roll: :roll:

zzbusch

Post by zzbusch » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:25 am

dwax wrote:I tried to play this with my duals and noticed it would not load the duals. I looked in the RRT_TrainCars_FloridaTestBuild and saw there was mention to "Tender Cars' I removed this>

</szName></TrainCar></RRTGoodCars><RRTTenderCars><TenderCar><szName>Norris Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Planet Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Beuth Tender Car</szName></TenderCar><TenderCar><szName>Patentee Tender Car

Now I have the duals, but will the game crash??? :roll: :roll:
I have no idea. Play it and find out. Then let us know. :lol:

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:32 am

been playing it, :) but would hate to get half way through and crash. :lol: I did get my Duals after removing the mention to the TenderCars. :) But now my prev saves crash. :lol:

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:38 pm

About half way through it CTD. How can you get the reference to the TenderCars out of the TrainCarsXML with out it crashing? I also see some city's demand "Coal" And there are no coal industry's would that cause a crash?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Almost any time you edit a map your previous saves will crash. I say 'almost' because someone will have a time it doesn't. A saved map has certain things happening. If something to do with one of those things is changed, the game can no longer do it, and it just has software breakdown! :shock: Talk to it nicely, apoligize for confusing it, and start the map from scratch. This poor game has enough problems...........

All reference to the TenderCars needs to be removed. The only time you should see a breakdown having to do with Tenders is when you set up a train. One problem could be the Events XML. It's universal. And the lack of Coal shouldn't cause a problem since you dont have any to begin with. The ZIP below has the changes needed and the Events XMl for this map. Just replace the existing ones with the ones in the ZIP.

As this is a test, I notice that the poor towns have to produce Food for 20 years before being able to ship it anywhere. And what they do produce goes out the back door.
Attachments
FloridaTestBuild.zip
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks snoopy. Yea I see that you can only supply food and other stuff to not many city's but I can run the duals on it now, but couldn't before. :)

Bunit

Re: Flagler's Florida

Post by Bunit » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 am

Has this map been finished and can I use it without the game freezing or crashing my computer.