BC Interior BETA

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
atani

Post by atani » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:11 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:I've ran this version twice in a row to completion so I think it's working properly. :)

Map Name : BC Gold
Map Size : 225x225
Scenerio : yes(beta)
Multiplayer : not tested as such
Version : BETA 0.91
Date : JAN 14/07
Finally! I am able to play this map!!

Great map, will need to play it online soon.

Mike

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Ceebee........Question.

I ran your BC Gold twice and it crashed early on both times.

I've uninstalled SMR, and am about to reinstall.
You said you reinstalled.
I'm assuming the original and the 1.10 patch.
Did you put the holiday scenerio in?

Pete

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Solved.
I uninstalled everything.
I let it reinstall in program files/yada yada/
No tender mods, no logos.......completely virgin.
Applied the 1.10 patch.
Installed BC Gold.
Ran to the end without a hitch.

Ceebee........I blow kisses in your general direction. Great map.

Thanks
Pete

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 pm

well I'm sorry to say it, but 2nd day online with this map has not been very successful. Ctd everywhere, I would crash when people join. People would drop when I start the game. And of course crashes during the game which happened to me and other people. It's really too bad, everyone who got to see or play this map liked it. Hopefully they are working on a patch for the Map Editor. :)

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 am

I enjoyed playing BC Gold to the end twice, no problems except the occasional CTD when the game engine trips over its shoelaces. Save early, save often, is my motto for SMR.
I managed to achieve all goals except net worth, where I only got to 20 mln, both times. The financial goal may be a bit ambitious, relative to the other goals.
This map really grows on you.

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 am

Man this game is touchy ;) I played a couple more times and decided to add a couple more goals.... loads hauled for food and wine. Now I cant get past 5 years without a CTD. :( I cut and pasted the gold loads condition and just changed the load type so I really wonder whats going on. I've checked the xml code so many times I'm seeing triple and I still don't see anything wrong. I'm really beginning to think that this game is extremely twitchy and what works one day may not work ever again if you even so much as touch anything inside the xml's. To top it all off, how many of these problems are actually map related and how many are something to do with the game code such as memory leaks or some other such problem.
BTW, I have not managed the net worth amount yet either. There's either not enough years or the amount is too high maybe, but I'm still playing with things and feel free to mess with it too if you like. :)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:07 am

CeeBee - try doing your changes in a different version of this map with a different name. Change the map name. All you have to loose is a few minutes. :roll:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Slappy Da Clown

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi
I have played your map 3 times. Had one CTD ( not the maps fault ). A very nice map it is.
I play the maps offline as i prefer to play the scenarios. I played this map on the easiest settings as the game is new & Im trying to get used to the style of play. I like scenarios with lots of conditions to be met.

Last game went to the followin conclusion

All victory conditions met by 1920
5 side by side tracks running from Ottawa, Embrun, Massena
Tracks to all resorces on map
45 trains
At finish cash = 126 mil & comp val = 164 mil
score of 245

Well done please make another good one like this

Thanx
Slappy Da Clown

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Map Name : BC Gold
Map Size : 225x225
Scenerio : yes(beta)
Multiplayer : not tested as such
Version : BETA 0.92
Date : JAN 21/07

readme:
This "beta" map (Jan 21/2007) is made for SMR (v)1.1 and contains only in-game industries/goods/cars so no mods are needed. Unzip to your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Railroads!/UserMaps folder. I have done some scenery work, added 2 more victory conditions and tweaked the net worth amount. I like to follow the lakes, rivers and other valleys as thats how the real railroads did it. You may modify it to you're hearts content but if you upload please rename and list original creator as well as your handle.
Have fun
Chuck "CeeBee" Barkman
Attachments
BC_GOLD.zip
(994.54 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:41 pm

I played your map, but only got 6 towns connected before the ultimate happened, I had all 3 AIs bought out :cry: Anyway, the odd part was when I bought the first one. I'm looking at a section of his when I buy it. I moved my courser a bit and a track appears running to a mine. Not the Annex he had there, but just up to the mine. I thought nothing of it. After buying the others out and looking over the map, I see another track from a city of MINE curving around and going into the side of a mountain, again, no tunnel. I click to set-up a train and there it is, a track going under dozens or more miles of mountain. It's like it was in the process of putting in a track when I bought it out. But it went from his ex Depot to mine :shock: :!:
Heres a save of your BC GOLD:
Attachments
Savona Zephyer Tunnel.zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 397 times
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi Chuck.
Played the new beta twice.
Crashed early on both times. 15-20 minutes.
Not using any AI.
Put your previous version back in, and played to the end.

Pete

GS-Railroad

Post by GS-Railroad » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:03 am

Awsome map. Best ever. I am crashing when getting a speed record in my current save though. I just have the tenders v3 installed and that is it. I am going to try without it now in a new game. Can't wait to play this multi with a buddy he is going to love it.

GS-Railroad

Post by GS-Railroad » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:16 am

Ok I took out tenders and now it seems to be working much better. This map is great :D

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 am

GS-Railroad wrote:Ok I took out tenders and now it seems to be working much better. This map is great :D
how do you take out the tenders?? :shock:

GS-Railroad

Post by GS-Railroad » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:22 am

I had another mod installed called tenders v3 and I removed it that is all. Seems more stable with no mods etc. I still need to play it alot more. I actually tried it again with tenders and it worked for a long time then i got dumped to desktop. I start a new game every time see what happens =) Still love the look and size of the map.