BC Interior BETA

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:32 am

Read blobs are caused from a graphic file not loading in or its the wrong file name in the xml entered for it. Can also be caused if the animation file is not setup properly.

Daryl

atani

Post by atani » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:16 am

snoopy55 wrote:atani - I opened that up and while I can decipher some of it, a list done by you would help better.
From Firaxis:
Train Livery Pack 1
Santa (Tycoon's Tale)

From here (scenarios):
Demo
Florida
Maritimes
Mexico
Orient Express
Alaska
Ontario
Deluxe Germany (english)

From here (misc):
Meta US Logo Pack

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:42 am

d53642 wrote:Read blobs are caused from a graphic file not loading in or its the wrong file name in the xml entered for it. Can also be caused if the animation file is not setup properly.

Daryl
Is that fault in my PC? :shock:

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:43 am

Snoopy
In my custom assets:
train liverypack1.fpk

In the xml:
names enu.xml
rrt_traincars.xml
rrt trains.xml

I also saw those red dots in my game.

Pete

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:11 am

dwax wrote:
d53642 wrote:Read blobs are caused from a graphic file not loading in or its the wrong file name in the xml entered for it. Can also be caused if the animation file is not setup properly.

Daryl
Is that fault in my PC? :shock:
No Dwax,

Its nothing with your PC but the scenario setup.
I am going to check over all the files tomorrow and see what is wrong with the industries with them.

Daryl

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:50 am

Daryl, could this be because they don't have your folders in there? This is why I'm tryingto see what they have on their system. The 'IRON', 'METAL FACTORY' and 'ORE CAR' must be under 'Custom Assets' and what ever other files CeeBee is using must be where they are on his system.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Yeah if they don't Snoop they will get a red blob as a missing assest/graphic.

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 pm

Is this what you are trying to do Ceebee. Get all three mines going. :D

Also the game will make anywhere between 1-4 mines of each type.

Also the problem you were having was you had the steel mill out there Ceebee, Steel mill makes coal in steel. All I did was removed the Steel Mill for the Iron Mill and everything worked okay. Coal should be used for the power plants since its only a fuel in producing energy and not product. I don't know why Sid made coal into steel but damn if that was reality then our steam trains should be producing steel too. :D I also cleaned up the train_cars and alot of the other xmls I cleaned them up to be easier to read.

I rotated one of the starting towns so its track wasn't a bridge to start. That can be hard on a player where others get to lay a flat track this guy would have to pay extra for structures. The town was the bottom middle somewhere. I'll go through the rest of your files and make them look pretty then send them back to you.
Attachments
This one had the gold on the other side of the map.
This one had the gold on the other side of the map.
coal iron gold 2.jpg (211.91 KiB) Viewed 10771 times
This had the coal and iron on one screen.
This had the coal and iron on one screen.
coal iron gold 1.jpg (187.13 KiB) Viewed 10775 times
Last edited by d53642 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:27 pm

The problem is that adding other mods like the tender mod, gp7 mod or anything you add to a specific map has the potential to cause problems. I was getting so many CTD's that I started over with the basic map and generic xml's and one at a time added in the cities.xml, names.xml etc. It's back to running stable and the only non-standard item I'm using is the metal factory which turns 1 steel into 2 goods I believe. For simplicity sake I might take that out as well and only use in game assets, at least for the public version. Sorry for causing so much confusion. I had no idea mods could be such a pain in the arse :?

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Hey Daryl, now that looks like fun. Maybe I'll have to re-think my last post ;). It sure is easy to have something slip up, especially with editing xml in wordpad I guess. Pretty hard to see one missing or one extra bracket or a mis-pelled work.

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:52 pm

I also tried playing the map with default game resources and it crashes for me either way Ceebee. I think its my system causing the crashes though. I have a fair amount of background stuff running.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Ceebee;
I'm with you in that the first go round should be just the generic in game resorces.
Then we're all worknig with the same specs.
I think that would be the place to start.

Pete

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:44 pm

CeeBee - (and anyone else interested) I don't remember if I found this or got it thru this forum, but it's a simple program that does alot:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905339.aspx

and it's free. Thou the instructions look overdone, just open your file and it will tell you of any errors. Then click on 'XML Output' and it shows it with the needed indentations. Click on 'Transform' and then save it and it's done. Looks neat and it's simple. It does alot of other things I guess, but the basics are great.

How did Microsoft do it :?: :shock:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:36 pm

atani - and anyone else - what we need is from your C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! ("me" being the name of your computer) click on 'CustomAssets'. Aside from an XML folder you need folders labeled 'Iron', 'Metal Factory' and 'Ore Car' from Daryls map. Under XML you should have RRT_Goods.xml, RRT_Patents.xml, RRT_TrainCars.xml and RRT_Trains.xml. One problem here is that some of these have been modified and if not may cause problems

Pete - you need to load Daryls MidEast Customs.rar. That'll get rid of the aleins.

CeeBee - I did a post on Daryls Mid East that might help you out in mapping also. And it's not so much of a 'simplicity for public sake' as a 'let them know what is required to run the map'. You have yours using the Santa maps' engine so that map is needed, or a change to the RRT_Trains.xml. Some out there are more for downloading the map and to h**l with reading the posts. Yes, they may not read the Readme either, but they can't blame the maps creater.
I'm going to look at my info in the Wiki ans see if it needs anything new. Your map brings up a few things.

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:13 pm

Yeah, a readme would be a good thing. It's pretty easy to slip things in and forget where they came from or that they are even there. Also thanks for the link. I will definitely try it out. :)