Tentative Railroads! v1.010 Patch Changelog

Got some news? Post it here.
drivebymaster

Post by drivebymaster » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:16 am

all this dang waiting lol but I am going to give my props to these guys on making a beautiful game... :D

McSchaff

Post by McSchaff » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 am

PiratesFan wrote:Normally a patch goes through an approval process by the QA team that can take 2-4 weeks ...

Are you an official from Firaxis or Atari?
If not, from what official Firaxian or Atari side do you got that information?
If you are, 2-4 weeks is just a little bit too rough for me. :twisted:
Or have you just guessed based on commonly known experience?

Airborne

Post by Airborne » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:00 am

Wow! What a huge list of bug fixes/improvements. You guys are really working hard with that! :D

I'm not sure if your team is already working on it, but I have a suggestion that if a the cities are represented with different or brighter color in the mini map will make the player easier to spot. Say, white dot with different size for different city sizes and change to yellow when a mission is active, just as the city name shown in the main map.

EDIT: One more thing comes up in mind... that would be great if there is a function to change station route order of a train without deleting and re-adding.

klugman

Going Backwards

Post by klugman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:16 am

I know most everybody will get upset with me, but I cant help to say it.

Isnt this a step backwards from RRT3 ? I mean the only thing that is better are the graphics. The switches are a nice addition, but the trains are too stupid to use them correctly. I miss being able to take a 8 car train, and offload parts of it at different stations. Also the simulated river, and road traffic was nice. Intelligent train managment. In RRT3 a frieght train would seek out the best prices for me, and transfer the frieght all the way across a map. Being able to place hotels and other money making devices in the citys is also missed. Pretty Graphics arent everything.

This Sid Miers Railroads! is a childrens toy, and I feel ripped off. :(

PiratesFan

Post by PiratesFan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:04 pm

McSchaff wrote:
PiratesFan wrote:Normally a patch goes through an approval process by the QA team that can take 2-4 weeks ...

Are you an official from Firaxis or Atari?
If not, from what official Firaxian or Atari side do you got that information?
If you are, 2-4 weeks is just a little bit too rough for me. :twisted:
Or have you just guessed based on commonly known experience?
It's my experience with gaming as in a whole... and some personal experience with Firaxis and people I have spoken to directly from Firaxis since the inception of Pirates! (reason for my name PiratesFan). No I'm not an official from Firaxis and Atari doesn't publish for Firaxis its 2K games they switched publishers when they were working on Civ IV and in the middle of Pirates!. 2-4 weeks with that list of tentative updates is a guestimate from my personal experience with this gaming company and from other gaming companies. Also I did say if they find problems with the fixes or a new problem pops up that will in turn push the QA approved patch back for more reworking and more QA (which in case takes more time to get approval from the QA group).

I also have experience working with in-house developers and supporting them on a daily basis to make sure that they get their product out in a timely fashion that includes the QA department, which here is only 3 people.

I don't expect anyone to believe those numbers and thats quite alright and I will never pose myself as all knowing of how each individual company produces games and how they do patches, but since I have been gaming since the late 70s and following company after company especially the Sid Meier's brand since I played their Pirates! game from Micropose and Followed their entire process from the time they announce SMP!, I think I do have some insight. :wink:

btw: I think I might have gone overboard but was trying to give ya some insight on who am I to say. :lol:

Edit: More News on release of patch click here.

Edit2: Patch Released