trouble joing games

Got some news? Post it here.
your

trouble joing games

Post by your » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I have had trouble joing games lately,
I havent been playing in while and i just been trying to join a few games and I usualy just time out when I try to join.
Anyone else having trouble?

Truly yours :o

darthdroid

Re: trouble joing games

Post by darthdroid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm

your wrote:I have had trouble joing games lately,
I havent been playing in while and i just been trying to join a few games and I usualy just time out when I try to join.
Anyone else having trouble?

Truly yours :o
Has anything changed with your system or internet connection since you last joined successfully?
-Bob the Lunatic

your

Post by your » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Well i havent played in a while, I had this computer in storage, I took it out and hooked my other computer to a wirless modem. This computer is hard wired to the wirless modems but im now going threw two modems and hence two fire walls. I dont know if that makes any difference. I would think it would be a problem with server but if other people are not having trouble im not sure. I have been able to join games once in a while.

your

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm

your wrote:Well i havent played in a while, I had this computer in storage, I took it out and hooked my other computer to a wirless modem. This computer is hard wired to the wirless modems but im now going threw two modems and hence two fire walls. I dont know if that makes any difference. I would think it would be a problem with server but if other people are not having trouble im not sure. I have been able to join games once in a while.

your

I would troubleshoot your equipment before assuming it's a server problem. For example, disable all and any firewalls, see if that makes a difference. Play on a different computer if you can, see if that makes a difference. And try different modem and router setups to continue to narrow down the location of the problem. Your problem sounds more like a connection issue to me than a problem with your computer so I'd start there (firewalls, modems, etc.).

I'd say the odds are much greater that it's an issue with your new setup than a server problem.
-Bob the Lunatic