Well hello, I have a goal.

Got some news? Post it here.
Warll

Well hello, I have a goal.

Post by Warll » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 am

I am looking to make a new site for SMR I have set up a prototype here: http://smr.warll.com/ I would like everyone to see it.

Jancsika

Re: Well hello, I have a goal.

Post by Jancsika » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am

This is the most important part:
It would be a related URL so that if we play the cards right we might just be able to get it to show up on google searches.
Hi!
Nicer to have you back again!
I think it is a great idea.
Right now we have 3 major (?) Railroads! Site.
This one: which is in a disarray.
Bobby's: which has all the technical knowhow and Sams, and is well organized, but it is resented by many of the participants of this forum.
Hawks: which gets a lot of hits. Maps posted there are downloaded 2-3 times/day, but it has no technical discussions at all.

It would be great to have all the parts combined into one sleek WEB site and I am sure you can do it.
Jancsika

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Thank you for the encourgament. I just got the domain, it will be "www.smrsimple.com" I would have gone with "www.sidmeiersrailroadssimple.com" but as you can see that would be a mess, nice for SEO though.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 am

I like it. Jancsika said everything tat could possibly make it better. I hope to join the forums there! :D
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:50 am

I was actually not planing to make yet another forum. I am just not up to it nor do i think it would be wise. This is as far as I plan to go regarding forums. What I plan to do is get 75% of the maps up on the site then write some articles like for instance how to use the free floating camera. Then I want to post the site anywhere and everywhere Sid Meier's Railroads! players might be active. I could use some help in both areas, getting maps up is easy but repetitive we have a template and all you jsut need to copy/paste. One area though where I am no good at is finding general railroad simulation sites. I imagine many people here must be active on a few, if you know of one and preferable are a active member please email me at warll (at) warll.com

PS: If anyone wants to help out with the maps just tell me and I will hook you up with a author account.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Still good without a forum. I belive you are right and it is wise to go without one. If you are looking at other sites to post links at, try http://www.train-sim.com.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi guys, "I'm BAAaaaack" :P

Nice job Warll
Looking forward to playing with Railroads! again.
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)