SMRI v1.0 Released!

Got some news? Post it here.
snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:19 pm

Sorry bout that, I kinda gave up on video games around the Atari...the first one..... :wink:

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:36 pm

No you didn't, you have a PC the ultimate gaming console.

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:23 pm

The Maritimes map was the first ever user map made for Railroads! Prob more time on that map than any other one I did besides the Middle East. I had to go entirely on trial and error until Dan gave me some pointers with things and I was brought onto the Firaxis Beta Patch team.

Tried running the game again and it crashed on me pretty fast. I've checked out Rail Sim but as much as I like driving trains I have more fun in the tycoon form better. Have to wait another 10 years for next great railroad game to come along.
Radeon HD 6800
AMD X3 435
6 Gigs Ram

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 pm

d53642 wrote:The Maritimes map was the first ever user map made for Railroads! Prob more time on that map than any other one I did besides the Middle East. I had to go entirely on trial and error until Dan gave me some pointers with things and I was brought onto the Firaxis Beta Patch team.
I tried to tell them that but because the original topic had be erased...

bl4882

Post by bl4882 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 am

Thank you for releasing the game Sid Meier should have insisted upon. Why he would allow his name to be attached to the piece of trash that was initially released is beyond me. This is the man that brought us "Silent Service," "Civilization," and "Railroad Tycoon." But you seem to have made it the game that should have come out of Firaxis or 2k or whoever. Instead of the game that "is great, but...'.

I was given this game as a birthday present, and wasted no time retiring it on a bookshelf with a whole bunch of stuff I never look at any more. Found your post and site when searching in the vain hope someone would do some kind of a fix.

It is now stable. I don't have to boast that I ran it for 15 minutes without a crash. So far so good, and thank you. I aplogize for sounding skeptical. Maybe it is too much exposure to "Sid Meier's Railroads!."

Sid Meier should send you a case of Champagne. Please excuse me while I build a taconite branch to Duluth.
BL4882

Ozone

Re: SMRI v1.0 Released!

Post by Ozone » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:59 pm

The download link is broken:
http://smr.atani-software.net/Downloads.shtml

Apparently the whole website was recently revamped and broken in the process? It worked fine for me 2 weeks ago, but not today.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:41 pm

The download link is broken:
http://smr.atani-software.net/Downloads.shtml

Apparently the whole website was recently revamped and broken in the process? It worked fine for me 2 weeks ago, but not today.
As you can see from the posting dates, there is not a lot of activity with SMRI.
SMRI was devised to make the game more accesible and player friendly. And it worked just fine, except that it proved too bulky and limiting.
Our experts here devised new and simpler way to have custom content in the game. The results are the SAM maps.
SAM stands for Stand Alone Map. There is a lot written about in the map section, so your best bet would be to start at this post:
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =42&t=2832

There are at least a 100 new SAM maps posted, including all the maps in SMRI.

They are very easy to handle. All you have to do is to unzip them in the UserMaps folder and play.
If you have any problem or questions do not hesitate to post. There is always somebody to help.
Jancsika :)

McBarnacle

Post by McBarnacle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:00 am

Hiya,

I am having an issue installing this program. It keeps telling me that I need to play SMR at least once before installing even though I have played SMR quite a few times by now ( :wink: ).

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and what I could do to solve it?

Thanks,

McB