SMRI v1.0 Released!

Got some news? Post it here.
atani

SMRI v1.0 Released!

Post by atani » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 pm

All,
After some hard work from many mappers and content creators we are pleased to announce the first modpack for SMR. We have packed together 20 new scenarios and many new engines, goods and industries into a single installer.

This new installer installs the basic map pack required by most other maps as well as a selection of maps which are each unique in their own way and further make SMR a great game to play.

You can find more information about SMRI at its website: http://smr.atani-software.net/

As with all mods for this game, if you encounter any problems with it please post them under the "Railroads! Mods - Talk" forum so we can find them.

Mike

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 am

Great work Atani and Warll and everyone involved with SMRI! This creates new excitement for the game and an organized baseline for future maps and mods, and just in time for the Fall/Winter months as more of us (including myself) will be returning to work on and play Railroads!

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:38 am

Atani wants to make SMRI 2 a downalod in and of it's self. How can I word this better, SMRI will only include newer maps, for other ones you will need SMRI 1. Anyways we don't see eye to eye on this but I can't do anything. So SMRI is now complete. In future you will need to download both SMRI 1 and 2 to get a complete set of XMLs.

--- Edited by Atani for clarity..
SMRI2 can and will contain some maps which are out now, but will not contain everything from the current SMRI. It will contain only the pieces which are required by maps which are part of SMRI2.

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:43 pm

I think Firaxis should pay you guys for keeping this game alive.
AKA: CrashDummy__1.1

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:32 pm

We think so to. :lol:

waxisthebest1

Post by waxisthebest1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:34 pm

First of all, a BIG THANKS! to you guys for doing this!

I have a question....since I have not installed any mods for this game yet, I wanted to know does the installer include the Railroads! Wiki version of the Holiday Pack or am I to download and install that before I do the SMRI?

and again...THANKS!

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:22 pm

It does have the holiday map.

waxisthebest1

Post by waxisthebest1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:54 pm

Warll wrote:It does have the holiday map.
cool!
Thanks!

tomasvicente38

original maps city without name

Post by tomasvicente38 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:24 pm

When installing SMRI v.1.01, in the original maps of the game disappears the names of the cities. In all of them it leaves the city without name.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 am

It has been pointed out several times that the game is very sensetive of any unwanted codes, leftover lines etc.
Your best bet is to start from scratch. Delete everything from your CustomAssets file, empty your Users Map file, if you had the Firaxis Holiday scenario installed, uninstall it and delete it from your system.

Next step: Try to run the game. If you still have problem, uninstall the whole game, delete all Railroad files from your machine. (Both in the "My Documents and Program Files directory.) Reinstall the game, the 1.10 patch from Firaxis, then install SMRI.

There are no errors in SMRI, the errors are in us users.
I hope this will help.
Jancsika

atani

Post by atani » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:20 am

Jancsika wrote: There are no errors in SMRI, the errors are in us users.
I hope this will help.
Thanks ! There have been a few minor problems noticed, but most of them are very very minor things. In all, this game is really insane with the amount of things that have to fall into place properly otherwise it goes bonkers.

As you said though, most problems are caused by either locally modified files or a locally installed map which is interfering with the game. Neither of these would be fixed or helped by SMRI though. SMRI does provide a decent base set of files to work from provided you are starting with a pretty clean install. If you have existing maps installed it should still work as expected but there may be unknown issues caused by other maps, especially the Holiday Scenario as packed by Firaxis.

Mike

tomasvicente38

Post by tomasvicente38 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Single I have installed the official patch of game v 1.1.

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Nice work guys, just popped in to see how things were going and if there was any scene patches to make the game more stable. Was talking with some of the old Firaxis testers for this on the 360 the other day and we would love to see this game on it.

Keep up the good work Atani, Snoop, Warll and everyone else. This is a great game that could of been so much better if Firaxis didn't pull the plug on the team.
Radeon HD 6800
AMD X3 435
6 Gigs Ram

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Hey, the originator of all our trouble hath returned!!!!! (I think...You did do the first Map and Mod right?)
d53642 wrote:Was talking with some of the old Firaxis testers for this on the 360 the other day and we would love to see this game on it.
What is the 360?

hey, is there any chance those guys could get with a few of us and kinda slip a bit of needed info to a few of us???) :roll:

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:54 pm

snoopy55 wrote: What is the 360?

:twisted:
Xbox 360, its a video game console.