AI bought me.......cheating ?

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
boomer ang

AI bought me.......cheating ?

Post by boomer ang » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:32 am

Ok, first of all I have to say that I'm not sure of this but I have a save game that IMO can witness that.

Briefly speaking last evening I was playing at Mogul level , 3 opponents.It was a match between me and a green Baron , the red one had 60% of his own stock and the remaining was mine.The green Baron had 50% of his own and I owned the remaining.I had 60% of mine and the green the rest.

Now the fact....I was looking into the stock screen and I spotted the green Baron was 5/6 milions ( cash ) away to buy me , so I sold out every red stocks in order to make money to try to take control of the green Baron beeing myself only very few milions ( 2 ) away to buy him....and my per year revenue was around 1.5 milion....... suddenly he bought me out !

Where the hell did he find the 5 milions cash remaining in 3 seconds ? I thought it sold his own stock but it's impossible due to the fact that you can't sell 50% immediately like he seems to have done.I firmly suspect the AI cheated materializing 5 milions....... :evil:

Any explanations ?

Thanks

Boomer

leo

Post by leo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:10 pm

When you sold the stock you made your company cheaper to buy. It was longer than 3 seconds as well because you looked at the situation before you sold stock. Takes time to sell stock also... still wouldnt be enough time for the computer to make that much money.

Maybe you miscalculated your own buy out price. That seems more reasonable than the computer cheated.

Add the save game ... they are not that big of a file. I would check it out. Seems like every game I play the computer needs way more money than I would expect before it buys anyone out. I always play on the hardest settings.

boomer ang

Post by boomer ang » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 pm

Ok, let me go home , now I'm working :D and I'll let know and have the file.

cheers

Boomer

boomer ang

Post by boomer ang » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:41 pm

Leo,

the most recent save I have is, I think quite close to the fact,it is an auto save of 7 MB that have been reduced to 0.9 MB with rar on max compression.

Just few years later I think to remember I sold my own stock and just after that he bought me out.

Please tell me where can I e-mail or upload the file

Thanks and cheers

Boomer

leo

Post by leo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:10 pm

you can just attach it to a message here or you can use rapidfire