serious MP bug - endless money

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
Choo

serious MP bug - endless money

Post by Choo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:02 pm

I've encountered this a few times myself (and been accused of cheating :/). A train with passengers doesn't leave the station - it just goes to and fro within one depot generating 75k per wagon in the matter of seconds. Savegame attached... From multiplayer game - hope that doesn't interfere with debugging...
Attachments
bug.zip
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 368 times

d53642

Post by d53642 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:05 pm

How did you manage to do this, I tried to test it but I can't build the train with one station, the ok button will not turn white unless I have two stations on the route. Have you patched your game to 1.01?

Wingo

Single player big bucks

Post by Wingo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:09 pm

I've seen something like this too in single player. Every now an then I saw a train switching directions and building cash just as you described above. I finally noticed that this sometimes happened just after I added a new stop on the trains route. Now I'm pretty sure that it can happen when you add a new station and change the route while the train is unloading at the last stop.

I really miss playing Railroads now but I've finally shelved it. Since the patch, I still get CTD's, it still freezes, it still switches to green texture only, and still trains go wildly where they want too.

It was really exciting to make suggestions about how to improve gameplay when it first came out but now I would be satisfied if it would just work for more than an hour.

I've scoured other forums looking for further promising responses from Firaxis but all I can find are comments about how they seem to be satisfied that the patch is satisfactory.

Almost Christmass.. Bah! Humbug!

Choo

Post by Choo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:11 pm

I didn't do it :)
The guy I was playing against had a normal track layout from one town to another. The thing is that the train he sent from one town to another didn't leave the station at all - just kept generating profit for him. It's a bug...

SlayerEire

Its a Glich

Post by SlayerEire » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:55 pm

Yeh, i had this happen .

It was only my 3rd muti-player game and there was four playing. The game loaded and i could see the map but my first station was not build (found out later its because the other players are loading). So i built a station at a town and tired to build a track but could not. About a Minute later my main station showed up. I built a track from Main Station to the other one i built and bought a train and routed it. about 5 mins into game i was building another track and when i went to sell shares i seen I had 3 million in cash.

I then seen that the train only stayed in the first station , picking up, turning around , dropping off, Making about 65K at a time.

The other players then called 'Cheater' and Exit.

I had a few more games after that, but did not use 'the glich' as its cheating.

BTW. Do others have to wait so long till main station shows up , sometimes it could be about 5 mins.

I am getting to many CTD's so I dont think I be playing this game again till a new patch is released. :(