Cities that produce and use same good

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
vjuluss

Cities that produce and use same good

Post by vjuluss » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi everyone !

I just discovered this funny game few days ago.

For fun, I tried to make my own map. It was easy, and I choose to create city with no industries, so I can buy them by myself.

In one city, I bought a Steel Mill, that converts Coal to Steel. I also bought a Automobile Factory, that, obviously, products Car with Steel.

The point is : I deliver coal to this city, and it produces Steel. But how to convert this steel to car ? I finally made a new map, with an other city where I bought an Automobile Factory, and I bought a new train that deliver steel between those two cities.

Is there any way to use goods made in a city in that city ?

Thanks a lot :)
Excuse me for my english, I am French !

snoopy55

Re: Cities that produce and use same good

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:51 am

The only way to get Goods into the same city they came out of is to have a Warehouse in your map. Have it as a In-City or an Out-Of-City Industry. In the map you have built you would have Steel as an input and Steel as the output:

<Production>
<Resource>
<Input>Steel</Input>
<Output>Steel</Output>
<InputOutputRatio>1.0</InputOutputRatio>
</Resource>
</Production>

The main problem with this is you get paid twice for the same Good. Another problem is you can only store a certain number of loads in the Warehouse depending on the Warehouse's size. Once that number is reach, anything coming in gets tossed out the back door. Mind you, as long as you keep the in and outs moving and stay below that number, you loose nothing.

You could also set up a factory that takes in Steel and produces Automobile Parts that then go to the Auto Factory to make Cars.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

vjuluss

Re: Cities that produce and use same good

Post by vjuluss » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks you snoopy55 for your answer.

I though to make a industries that produces Car from Coal, but I didn't because I don't like this idea, it is too much easy. On that map, the game was start with nothing, and when I got enough money, buying an industries, and an other one, etc. So buying one industries to produces car from coal, it sounds to easy for me.

For the same reasons, making a warehouse for Steel will make the game to easy, because as you said, I will be paid twice for the same good.

Your second idea is interesting, it means I have to make a new good, right ? So I will have to have three companies to make cars. Coal->Steel, Steel->Parts, and Parts->Car.
I can buy companies 1 and 3 in the same city.

I guess I could add industries for a lot of things. Petroleum->Gaz for example.

Other question : Is it possible to make an industrie that needs 2 or more good in input ?

Thank you ! :)
Excuse me for my english, I am French !