Custom map - Specify some, random the rest

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
RCSub

Custom map - Specify some, random the rest

Post by RCSub » Wed May 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi everyone

I am trying to make a custom map, from a copy of an existing scenario. So far making a new "map based on the scenario", then copying the xml-files from the scenario (all of them), and renaming them to fit the new map-name, plus renames in the scenario xml-file gives me a copy, but ...

I am trying to force a specific industry (paper mill) to be in a specific city. But so far no luck. Using the ingame editor to do it seems to have no effect, so how do I do it :?: I would like the game to still random an industry for all cities (except the ones with a specified one, or an extra industry for those cities)

Is it possible to place a lumber mill or other "out-of-city" industry at a specific location, but still have random placement of others :?:, if so how?

Any help would be more than welcome

RCSub

Rodea2007

Re: Custom map - Specify some, random the rest

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:42 pm

RCSub wrote:Hi everyone

I am trying to make a custom map, from a copy of an existing scenario. So far making a new "map based on the scenario", then copying the xml-files from the scenario (all of them), and renaming them to fit the new map-name, plus renames in the scenario xml-file gives me a copy, but ...

I am trying to force a specific industry (paper mill) to be in a specific city. But so far no luck. Using the ingame editor to do it seems to have no effect, so how do I do it :?: I would like the game to still random an industry for all cities (except the ones with a specified one, or an extra industry for those cities)

Is it possible to place a lumber mill or other "out-of-city" industry at a specific location, but still have random placement of others :?:, if so how?

Any help would be more than welcome

RCSub
Very likely to make the industry outside the city at a specific location, so many have done, you can see on the map that I created, what happens to you I think there are a few mistakes that I think you forgot to save the industry have you made ​​before you exit the editor
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit