Trains inexplicably turn around on my circular route. :-(

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
joeflint82

Trains inexplicably turn around on my circular route. :-(

Post by joeflint82 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:39 pm

I thought I had a perfect system, I had 6 cities in a near perfect circle, all wanting passengers and mail.

So I set a train up to go around in a circle visiting each in turn, and it seemed to be building me a tidy profit. So I added a 2nd train and then a 3rd all in the same direction. It worked perfectly for several revolutions making a small fortune. Then for some unknown reason, my first train folded over onto itself and started going the other way? This caused a jam on my single rail line, and rendered my whole network useless. I am extremely frustrated that my proud system seems to have a major bug. I've repeated this configuration a few times to see if it was a one-off, but it has happened every time. Anyone have any ideas?

Jancsika

Re: Trains inexplicably turn around on my circular route. :-(

Post by Jancsika » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 pm

joeflint82

Post by joeflint82 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:16 am

Thank you, that definately answers my query.

However, loop tracks are very common in the real world, and it was making a tidy sum :-(. Would changing the track difficulty to 'hard' force the train to wait without recalculating?

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm

However, loop tracks are very common in the real world, and it was making a tidy sum . Would changing the track difficulty to 'hard' force the train to wait without recalculating?
No it would not. :D
But there is an other way to routing.
In the sketch you can run the train from “A” to “E” then just reverse the same train from “E” to “X”.
Unfortunately in the game “the real world” does not always count.
Jancsika
Attachments
Route03.jpg

joeflint82

Post by joeflint82 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:46 pm

I read a lot more of that guide, it is very well put together. Thank you.

I've tried with smaller circles, 1 train per circle, and that seems grand. I'd like a better way of knowing when to setup a new train so that it goes on the line I want. their is nothing more frustrating than expecting a train to go on one line, and it appearing on another. I've started waiting until the alternate line has a train in the station, but even that isn't fool proof 8-|.

joeflint82

Post by joeflint82 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 pm

This game is enjoyable, but I can't help thinking that it is a dozen tweaks away from being a classic.

I've just played United Kingdom and made a point of ticking all the victory boxes, and [unless I'm missing something] it doesn't even save my achievement anywhere afterwards. :roll: