How in the world did he do this?

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
Linus

How in the world did he do this?

Post by Linus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 am

I just got out of a game where i obviously did not understand what was happening.

Is it possible to purchase stock when your in debt? My opponent had about 1.5 million dollars in debt and continued to buy stock (one once in a while), with an annual profit of negative 63,000. I dont understand how he did ths?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Re: How in the world did he do this?

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 am

It was either a glitch or a cheat.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

mikeyc

Post by mikeyc » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:44 am

Assuming your opponent was an AI you can expect this to happen from time to time. The one map that I remember it happening was Amerigonia. There is nothing you can do about it. Let the AI do his thing and you buy him out as soon as you can and then you will get all those good assets. It appears the AI cant cope with involved processes but they do learn. If you play the map a few times you will find that they dont make the same mistakes nor do they get incredible loans and so becomes more 'normal'.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Linus wrote:I just got out of a game where i obviously did not understand what was happening.

Is it possible to purchase stock when your in debt? My opponent had about 1.5 million dollars in debt and continued to buy stock (one once in a while), with an annual profit of negative 63,000. I dont understand how he did ths?

It is most likely Linus that you were simply "out of sync" with your opponent. On his/her screen, it probably also said YOU were heavily in debt. This happens quite a bit, especially if you're on the other side of the world or opponent has a glitchy connection from my experience.

However, it is possible it was a cheat. If someone uses a trainer program, you'll see the same thing. But you also still see an "out of sync" message. It is also true that usually it shows a debt in the millions, not thousands. If the financial screen was the only indication of strangeness, it is unlikely a cheat but rather just a glitch.
-Bob the Lunatic