High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
jdavidw13
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 pm

High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by jdavidw13 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 pm

I was wondering if anyone can point me to a good routing and signaling guide for Railroads which describes how to manage high volume terminals (>4 trains delivering to a terminal). I tried the wiki link on here but it seems to be broken. Screenshots of these techniques would be great if anyone has bothered to post them. Thanks!

User avatar
karsten
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by karsten » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 pm


User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:53 pm

jdavidw13 wrote:I was wondering if anyone can point me to a good routing and signaling guide for Railroads which describes how to manage high volume terminals (>4 trains delivering to a terminal). I tried the wiki link on here but it seems to be broken. Screenshots of these techniques would be great if anyone has bothered to post them. Thanks!

I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there. However, if you want to schedule a time we can play online and I can show you how to do it. It's a bit complicated even with screenshots, so the easiest way is to have someone do it step by step right in front of you. Let me know if you want help.
-Bob the Lunatic

snoopy55
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:13 am
Location: Centralia, Ill, USA

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

darthdriod wrote:I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there.
Excuse me SIR! The ONLY reason the Wiki is no longer here is because of server changes, NOT because of anything any members did to it. YOU removed your posts after you accused me and then others of theft of public materials.

Read:

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 001#p39001

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 054#p40054

and then make some apologies, if you are capable of doing so.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm

snoopy55 wrote:
darthdriod wrote:I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there.
Excuse me SIR! The ONLY reason the Wiki is no longer here is because of server changes, NOT because of anything any members did to it. YOU removed your posts after you accused me and then others of theft of public materials.

Read:

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 001#p39001

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 054#p40054

and then make some apologies, if you are capable of doing so.

All irrelevant but glad we can count on you to bring up old fights. And no snoopy, I accused you much more of RENEGGING (on removing those posts yourself as you offered and then renegged on), which you did, remember? Now take it to PM or pipe down, we don't need you stirring all this up again.
-Bob the Lunatic

keotaman

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by keotaman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 pm

darthdroid wrote: And no snoopy, I accused you much more of RENEGGING (on removing those posts yourself as you offered and then renegged on), which you did, remember? ...
Sorry Darth, the posts you wanted removed were on the other site, not the Wiki; else you could have removed them yourself instead of accusing people of RENEGING. As you say, it's all old news & I sure don't know why you would want to resurrect it.

Have to side with Snoopy on this on, as he is right. Wiki broke independent of member's actions.

How about just answering jdavidw13's question, without all the drama?

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:43 pm

keotaman wrote:
darthdroid wrote: And no snoopy, I accused you much more of RENEGGING (on removing those posts yourself as you offered and then renegged on), which you did, remember? ...
Sorry Darth, the posts you wanted removed were on the other site, not the Wiki; else you could have removed them yourself instead of accusing people of RENEGING. As you say, it's all old news & I sure don't know why you would want to resurrect it.

Have to side with Snoopy on this on, as he is right. Wiki broke independent of member's actions.

How about just answering jdavidw13's question, without all the drama?
Keo, I wasn't talking about the fact that it is gone. I was talking about the fact that they did all those things (taking things from the site, including wiki) without basic courtesy and respect (telling all of us who worked on it beforehand) which led to me not posting anymore on our wiki and at least a few other people being upset about it. That is what I mean by "wrecked it".


Also, now you make assumptions about the issue. I never asked them to be removed here keo (always jump in when you don't know what's going on?) Snoopy agreed to remove them from bobbys site then reneged. So you really don't have a point there. I did not have the ability to remove it and he DID agree to remove it, then did not.
Can't really argue with those facts.

And I'm not the one resurrecting drama. I've also requested numerous times to "discuss" it with these bozos in PMs ... they refuse. So take whatever side you want.
-Bob the Lunatic

snoopy55
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:13 am
Location: Centralia, Ill, USA

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 pm

darthdroid wrote:
jdavidw13 wrote:I was wondering if anyone can point me to a good routing and signaling guide for Railroads which describes how to manage high volume terminals (>4 trains delivering to a terminal). I tried the wiki link on here but it seems to be broken. Screenshots of these techniques would be great if anyone has bothered to post them. Thanks!

I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there. However, if you want to schedule a time we can play online and I can show you how to do it. It's a bit complicated even with screenshots, so the easiest way is to have someone do it step by step right in front of you. Let me know if you want help.
Sorry, you made the initial attack. The copying of the wiki by vzbob in no way 'wrecked' the wiki on this site.

As to my 'RENEGGING' you sent 13 messages to me (PM or email, can't remember which now) in 24 minutes. after the first I asked you which ones, by which time you had sent 3 or 4 more, screaming as to why I had not done it yet. I told you it was NOT my site and I had to go thru Bobby first, by which time you had sent 4 or 5 more screams as to why it was not done, going so far as to looking them up yourself. You were a member of the forum and as such had rights to edit the wiki as keotaman pointed out. Why did YOU not do it? As usual, you were pouncing on the wrong person. Did you have a pet named snoopy that bit you as a little brat and you feel you have to take it out on me? I offered to talk to Bobby and have him remove them, but you were probably screaming to hard to read that part. What would have been your response if I had removed parts of another persons from the wiki on this site without permission?
darthdroid wrote:All irrelevant but glad we can count on you to bring up old fights.
Right there, someone shows you where your statement is wrong, and you not only refuse to admit it, but accuse them of doing what you did:
darthdroid wrote:I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there.
The person who "wrecked" (your word, not mine) the wiki was Falconer, and no one else. But again, for you to admit that would be to admit you were wrong. :lol: Also, let's look at that line. "screen shots" is plural. "wiki" is singular. "it's" expands into "it is" and "it" is singular, so, "wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there." translates into "wrecked the wiki and so (the wiki) no longer there." As usual, you mince your own words so as not to be wrong.
darthdroid wrote:Also, now you make assumptions about the issue. I never asked them to be removed here keo (always jump in when you don't know what's going on?) Snoopy agreed to remove them from bobbys site then reneged. So you really don't have a point there. I did not have the ability to remove it and he DID agree to remove it, then did not.
Can't really argue with those facts.
keotaman wrote:Sorry Darth, the posts you wanted removed were on the other site, not the Wiki; else you could have removed them yourself instead of accusing people of RENEGING.
Notice the words "other site" young man. And, again, as he points out, YOU could have removed them yourself instead of causing so much trouble then and now. OK, I'm waiting for this......"Yes, but if I had removed them they would have just put them back.".....NOT! You are the only one that supplied data to the wiki of this site that threw a childish fit to have their data removed. The only others to complain were people that did NOT supply anything and so had no right to complain as it was not "theirs".

Now, go make some screen shots of what jdavidw13 asked for and stop causing more trouble.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:43 pm

snoopy55 wrote:
darthdroid wrote:
jdavidw13 wrote:I was wondering if anyone can point me to a good routing and signaling guide for Railroads which describes how to manage high volume terminals (>4 trains delivering to a terminal). I tried the wiki link on here but it seems to be broken. Screenshots of these techniques would be great if anyone has bothered to post them. Thanks!

I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there. However, if you want to schedule a time we can play online and I can show you how to do it. It's a bit complicated even with screenshots, so the easiest way is to have someone do it step by step right in front of you. Let me know if you want help.
Sorry, you made the initial attack. The copying of the wiki by vzbob in no way 'wrecked' the wiki on this site.

As to my 'RENEGGING' you sent 13 messages to me (PM or email, can't remember which now) in 24 minutes. after the first I asked you which ones, by which time you had sent 3 or 4 more, screaming as to why I had not done it yet. I told you it was NOT my site and I had to go thru Bobby first, by which time you had sent 4 or 5 more screams as to why it was not done, going so far as to looking them up yourself. You were a member of the forum and as such had rights to edit the wiki as keotaman pointed out. Why did YOU not do it? As usual, you were pouncing on the wrong person. Did you have a pet named snoopy that bit you as a little brat and you feel you have to take it out on me? I offered to talk to Bobby and have him remove them, but you were probably screaming to hard to read that part. What would have been your response if I had removed parts of another persons from the wiki on this site without permission?
darthdroid wrote:All irrelevant but glad we can count on you to bring up old fights.
Right there, someone shows you where your statement is wrong, and you not only refuse to admit it, but accuse them of doing what you did:
darthdroid wrote:I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there.
The person who "wrecked" (your word, not mine) the wiki was Falconer, and no one else. But again, for you to admit that would be to admit you were wrong. :lol: Also, let's look at that line. "screen shots" is plural. "wiki" is singular. "it's" expands into "it is" and "it" is singular, so, "wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there." translates into "wrecked the wiki and so (the wiki) no longer there." As usual, you mince your own words so as not to be wrong.
darthdroid wrote:Also, now you make assumptions about the issue. I never asked them to be removed here keo (always jump in when you don't know what's going on?) Snoopy agreed to remove them from bobbys site then reneged. So you really don't have a point there. I did not have the ability to remove it and he DID agree to remove it, then did not.
Can't really argue with those facts.
keotaman wrote:Sorry Darth, the posts you wanted removed were on the other site, not the Wiki; else you could have removed them yourself instead of accusing people of RENEGING.
Notice the words "other site" young man. And, again, as he points out, YOU could have removed them yourself instead of causing so much trouble then and now. OK, I'm waiting for this......"Yes, but if I had removed them they would have just put them back.".....NOT! You are the only one that supplied data to the wiki of this site that threw a childish fit to have their data removed. The only others to complain were people that did NOT supply anything and so had no right to complain as it was not "theirs".

Now, go make some screen shots of what jdavidw13 asked for and stop causing more trouble.
Yet another lie from little snoopy. I was kicked off that site when I told bobby he needed an apostrophe lol. So I had no ability to remove my own content. And you DID agree to remove it and you DID reneg. Honor is honor little snoopy snoop, a man either keeps his word or doesn't... And I did indeed remove it off the wiki here, we both know that.

If you have a request of me, give me one of your nice lists or a link or something-I've no idea who jdavidw13 is or what he asked for.
-Bob the Lunatic

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

darthdroid wrote: If you have a request of me, give me one of your nice lists or a link or something-I've no idea who jdavidw13 is or what he asked for.

Nevermind, I see who it is and big surprise, you're just being arrogant again. The screenshots will not really suffice-one cannot see HOW to do it from looking at it. It's no different than showing you a moved station-you don't know how it got there by seeing the end result. I offered to help him and frankly it's none of your business. Suddenly "snoopy" really fits as you do have the biggest nose that seems to get stuffed into every discussion no matter how ignorant of the topic you are-parading yourself in as the expert when half the time you don't have the first clue. I'm betting this is one of those times.
-Bob the Lunatic

User avatar
vzbob
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Sydney Australia
Contact:

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by vzbob » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:32 pm

darthdroid wrote: I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there. However, if you want to schedule a time we can play online and I can show you how to do it. It's a bit complicated even with screenshots, so the easiest way is to have someone do it step by step right in front of you. Let me know if you want help.

Code: Select all

Snoopy55 Said:
As to my 'RENEGGING' you sent 13 messages to me (PM or email, can't remember which now) in 24 minutes.  after the first I asked you which ones, by which time you had sent 3 or 4 more, screaming as to why I had not done it yet.  I told you it was NOT my site and I had to go thru Bobby first, by which time you had sent 4 or 5 more screams as to why it was not done, going so far as to looking them up yourself.  You were a member of the forum and as such had rights to edit the wiki as keotaman pointed out.  Why did YOU not do it?  As usual, you were pouncing on the wrong person.  Did you have a pet named snoopy that bit you as a little brat and you feel you have to take it out on me?  I offered to talk to Bobby and have him remove them, but you were probably screaming to hard to read that part.  What would have been your response if I had removed parts of another persons from the wiki on this site without permission?
darthdroid wrote:All irrelevant but glad we can count on you to bring up old fights.

Code: Select all

Snoopy55 Said:
Right there, someone shows you where your statement is wrong, and you not only refuse to admit it, but accuse them of doing what you did:
darthdroid wrote:I posted some screen shots of this on the wiki, but then folks came in and wrecked the wiki and so it's no longer there.
darthdroid wrote:Also, now you make assumptions about the issue. I never asked them to be removed here keo (always jump in when you don't know what's going on?) Snoopy agreed to remove them from bobbys site then reneged. So you really don't have a point there. I did not have the ability to remove it and he DID agree to remove it, then did not.
Can't really argue with those facts.
Snoopy55 Said:
Notice the words "other site" young man. And, again, as he points out, YOU could have removed them yourself instead of causing so much trouble then and now. OK, I'm waiting for this......"Yes, but if I had removed them they would have just put them back.".....NOT! You are the only one that supplied data to the wiki of this site that threw a childish fit to have their data removed. The only others to complain were people that did NOT supply anything and so had no right to complain as it was not "theirs".

Now, go make some screen shots of what jdavidw13 asked for and stop causing more trouble.

darthdroid Said:
Yet another lie from little snoopy. I was kicked off that site when I told bobby he needed an apostrophe lol. So I had no ability to remove my own content. And you DID agree to remove it and you DID reneg. Honor is honor little snoopy snoop, a man either keeps his word or doesn't... And I did indeed remove it off the wiki here, we both know that.
Here we Have More Lies by You,
Snoopy never reneged as it was and is not his site.
You were not kicked of the other site, you requested to be removed from it as you could not follow the Rules there, And you could not delete your own account on that site.

It was not because of the apostrophe, You dragged all that up later on and made a huge fuss over it when you could not get your own way on this forum.

It Just shows that you cant even post the truth.
Oh yeah that would hurt his precious reputation telling the truth. So he needs to blame everyone else for his own lies.

OH well I shall let him post away and live in his own delusional kingdom.
Last edited by vzbob on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 pm

vzbob wrote:blah blah blah
So vzbob and snoopy are the same guy? That's quite confusing considering while they are both incredibly arrogant-making this idea plausible... the writing style (to put it politely to bob) is so different, I don't get it. So is vzbob just an alias of snoopy? Or is vzbob snoopy when he's drunk perhaps?

If not... why is snoopy writing on vzbob's account?

or

Why is vzbob talking about himself in the 3rd person?
-Bob the Lunatic

snoopy55
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:13 am
Location: Centralia, Ill, USA

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:51 am

Yup, we're the same guy....He got us vzbob.

Oh well, we knew he would have to do it sooner or later. Guess we don't need the leer jet to race between Sydney Australia and Centralia Illinois. They were getting a bit upset about those landings on that little airport.

No problem, the timezones were keeping me from getting any sleep anyway.

"If not... why is snoopy writing on vzbob's account?"
vzbob and I are friends and we work together on maps and the materials that go in them doofiss. You have accused me of not doing things that required his permission at the time.

vzbob, please use the name 'snoopy55' whenever talking about me, you're confusing him.

But then, the truth has been handed him and he prefers, as usual, to ignore the facts and start up some other trouble. Par for the course.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 am

snoopy55 wrote:Yup, we're the same guy....He got us vzbob.

Oh well, we knew he would have to do it sooner or later. Guess we don't need the leer jet to race between Sydney Australia and Centralia Illinois. They were getting a bit upset about those landings on that little airport.

No problem, the timezones were keeping me from getting any sleep anyway.

"If not... why is snoopy writing on vzbob's account?"
vzbob and I are friends and we work together on maps and the materials that go in them doofiss. You have accused me of not doing things that required his permission at the time.

vzbob, please use the name 'snoopy55' whenever talking about me, you're confusing him.

But then, the truth has been handed him and he prefers, as usual, to ignore the facts and start up some other trouble. Par for the course.

Yes, now that you've edited it is clear it is bob speaking...But the original post was written first by snoopy, then by bob for the 2nd half (like I said, it takes 2 of you to form a rebuttal, you just forgot to make it look like one static person before posting it-oops)
Another lie to add to your list I guess-pretending that's how it looked before I wrote my comment. It does confirm my suspicions though: I was thinking about the situation at the other site... I remember what happened now, and it went like this:

I politely asked why modders were answering strategy questions-because the answers were terrible. I pointed out how it would be like me answering map or skin questions. And your knowledge of playing the game is indeed comparable to my knowledge of building maps snoop. Imagine how the modders would react when I kept posting crappy answers to good modding questions...? Oh but that's different I bet, because it's ME answering on a question I know little about. It's different and okay when snoopy does it, cuz he's king snoopy lol.

So instead of engaging the valid dialog, my question was just deleted in blind disrespect. I pointed out to you snoopy that running the site that way was basically making it a dictatorship and creating tyranny that I would not subject myself to. That's when I asked to be removed as I wanted nothing to do with your monarchy or whatever it was. It also makes me understand the nature of your posts here now-over there you are god, someone looks at you crooked and you delete their stuff-that'll show 'em who is king, huh? So you've gone a bit power mad in the last 6 months and this is why you are behaving so badly here. I saw some other posts where you were incredibly rude to members--quite the administrators you are. So as long as folks put up with tyranny, they can stay on that forum and not have their ideas deleted etc.

I would also point out that you deleted ALL my posts because I asked about modders answering strategy questions. Including my non-controversial posts where I was giving VALID and GOOD answers to strategy questions (you know that area where I'm an expert and you are a novice). This in turn revealed that you don't like to be shown up, you don't like anyone knowing more than you. And if they do-well you'll just delete what they said (or have bob do it and then hide behind him).
-Bob the Lunatic

User avatar
darthdroid
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 am

Re: High Volume Routing and Signaling Guide

Post by darthdroid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:38 am

Yes,

I see at the bottom of that post it says:

Last edited by vzbob on October 3rd, 2009, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.


which is 20 minutes after my post was put up as shown by the time stamps. So you cannot really deny that you edited it and both of you wrote that post and thus that my reply was and still is... quite valid.
-Bob the Lunatic

Post Reply