Routing Question

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
gunhawk

Routing Question

Post by gunhawk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:44 am

I built a depot at a livestock farm and I'm trying send the beef to one of the cities, but all of the possible route dots are blacked out and I can't click on them to add them to the route. I keep getting flags that say that this or that city wants beef, but I *still* can't route to them. This happened with a produce farm that I added a depot to also. There plenty of cities that need produce, but no route is allowed as the dots are blacked out. Please feel free to add as long an explanation as you think is necessary, as I obviously need the education. (-:

Thanks in advance.

Gunhawk

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 am

If you show us a screen shot we will be able to help you almost right away. Anyway welcome to the forums!

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:28 pm

The tutorial should help you with basic routing. The tip I can give you w/o seeing the tracks is always start your track at your station. I mean the little brown building that is your station. or gray or yellow, depends on the level of the station. And always start the track with a double track. Hope this helps.

Also check out the Wiki under Advanced Track Lying. I was just there, and its got pretty pictures. :P
AKA: CrashDummy__1.1

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:16 pm

gunhawk - This is probally either the standard "Break in the track" problem or the devious "Overlapped track" problem. Go over your trackage and inspect it. When you lay track, be careful about laying track with a yellow start. You need the green start at the end of the existing track.

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Zorander

Post by Zorander » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm

Also, if making a switch to get to the farm, make sure the switch isn't too close to the terminal.
HP 1111
AMD Athlon 3500+
Memory: 2GB
Video Adapter: GeForce 7600 GS w/512 MB
HDD: 200GB
Motto: Everybody is someone else's weirdo.