3 different cargos?

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
asianlover

3 different cargos?

Post by asianlover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 am

sorry about my bad english

in the statistic are 3 different kind of cargos: cargo F. cargo and B. cargo. what does that mean? the manual says nozhing about it.

sorry for asking that stupid question, its my first strategie game.
Last edited by asianlover on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jagabot

Re: 3 different cargos?

Post by Jagabot » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:57 pm

asianlover wrote:sorry about my bad english

in the statistic are 3 different kind of cargos: cargo F. cargo and B. cargo. what does that mean? the manual says nozhing about it.

sorry for asking that stupid question, its my fist strategie game.
Yep, Sid thinks anyone playing Railroads! is somebody from the 80's who grew up with Railroad Tycoon and knows this stuff and will have blindly bought the game without reading any reviews or player comments on bugs and crashes and limitations in the game. ;)

A cargo: Fast Freight -- Food, Wine, Beer, Textiles, Grapes, Fish, Wool, Paper
B cargo: Bulk Freight -- Gold, Arms, Automobiles, Swine, Coal, Oil, Steel
F cargo: Freight -- Grain, Goods, Livestock, Milk, Nitrates, Grain, Cornmeal, Wood, Ore, Medicine

These are off the top of my head and a few might be incorrect, but that's the general idea.

Each freight type effects the speed of your locomotive based on the speed curve it displays for each color on the graph for that locomotive. For example: If you have one F cargo (freight) car along with 2 passenger cars your train will move at the maximum speed for freight as if you had 3 slow F cars and nothing else. It's better to put fast freight with passengers or mail (instead of bulk or freight) if you need to be more efficient moving city cargo and still get a bit more money for your passengers or mail.

I am not sure if it effects priority of shipments in Railroads! because as far I can can tell setting priority on any train doesn't seem to actually impact anything (because the game is really an arcade game and not a strategy game).