Double Tracking...like the original...

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
maestro70

Double Tracking...like the original...

Post by maestro70 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:05 am

I have only managed to do this once, by accident. I want the double tracking to work like the original RRT. When you layed double track, the game routed trains in what to me seems more efficiently then in this game. Trains going from point A to point B when up one track, when they went back from B to A they went down the other. Trains on each track were always going the same direction, making priority trains really effective.

Can someone put up a diagram on how to do this? I have been unable to duplicate my first accident.

I also noticed that on occasion (again some form of accident), in a station with 4 lines, I have seen a train after unloading, jump from track 4 where it came into the the station one side to leave on track 1 on the other side to take the shortest route back to its original destination. I would love to do this again too, it makes for very effective train routing, if someone can show me how to lay it.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 am

The two way travel takes actually 3 towns and would look like this:

Code: Select all

A_______________________________B
     \_____________C____________/

This is the only way I can figure it to work. Town C would be close along the A -> B route, but not part of it. The C would be a slight bump in the track.

As to the other, I cannot see how it could happen unless the tracks were connected in or just outside the city.

Or the game burped :roll:[/code]
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 pm

I've seen a train jump the track once, it was a little weird.

The game seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to routing decisions. I've used snoop's idea before with good results. I sometimes use an Annex as a routing control point, even if I never pick up anything from them. When laying track I will sometimes run it by an Annex if one is close to my route just so I can use it as a control point if I need one down the road.

DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:55 am

In my Side To Side I had 4 tracks thru the ithsmus with switchovers at each end and 2 places in the middle, both ways. The trains just found their way. I think I was running 10 or 12 of them.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....