How can I deliver a good to several cities?

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
code.grey

Post by code.grey » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:36 pm

After solving some technical/software problems with the game, I really enjoy playing the game.

But there is one thing I don`t under stand.

Example:
At station A, I connect four waggons of oil to a train. Two waggons should be unloaded at station B and two waggons should be unloaded at station C. But I only get paid at station B. The train arrives station C with empty waggons.

I have no idea how to solve this problem. I tried different route planing, but didn`t found out, how I get money at both stations.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:39 pm

You can not do that. Aways both cities will pay the same for goods.

code.grey

Post by code.grey » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 pm

In my game, the second city never pays for the delivered goods.
You also can see, that the waggons are empty, when thee train arrives at the second station.

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:48 pm

They are empty because the first city paid for them. Only way for the second city to get the goods is if you skip the first city. Or if the goods you are shipping are not in demand at the first city.
AKA: CrashDummy__1.1

Slappy Da Clown

delivery

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 pm

If a train goes from A to B, it delivers all aboard. If it then goes from B to C with the same cars they will be empty as you have delivered all the goods at stop B. Unless stop B happens to have the same resources as stop A. To get goods to both stops you would need to go back to the resource & reload. A to B B to A then A to C

from under the overpass you just drove by
Slappy Da Clown

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:42 pm

Yeah, this is something I played with for awhile and realized it just couldn't be done. It's a real pisser too, very inefficient. But hey, it's a game and you can't implement everything.

KingWilly

Re: delivery

Post by KingWilly » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:26 am

Slappy Da Clown wrote:To get goods to both stops you would need to go back to the resource & reload. A to B B to A then A to C
Or have two trains...one from A to B to A and another from A to C to A.

But you're better off just sending the goods to the one city. I think RedKnight did some testing, and cities (and industries) grew when a certain number of carriages had been delivered to the city (or processed at the industry). Therefore, it's better to concentrate on delivering to one city at a time.

vancouverexpress

Post by vancouverexpress » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 am

as well, you're better off delivering to the closest city, as the price is the same either way

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Thu May 17, 2007 4:24 am

Oh, i never noticed that.I do it very often, 6 cars with food and dropp off 4 cars at station A and the rest at Station B.Did n't know they don't deliver at station B.Good to know that.

I bought the strategy guide on e-bay a few minutes agoo.This will help a lot i guess.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 am

As someone said, you CAN do this, but A/ you don't want to and B/ it requires 2 trains. It is not logical, you go with the highest producer. So if you want to take coal to the steel mill and the power plant, I would say....why? even if you own the power plant and not the steel mill, the steel mill will ultimately make a lot more cash, so reroute to steel city or keep it there, depending on the case.

However, if a city demands coal for power and you build a steel mill there, I do believe the coal does feed BOTH of them. I doubt that helps but thought I'd mention it.

Lastly to a more recent post: You don't want to change cars. You would prefer to add a train to ship the new good if one train cannot handle it on the same route. But all this car moving wastes time and thus $. You are always better to add more trains with simple functions and zero waiting. This again may not be realistic, but it's how to do it to win.
-Bob the Lunatic