Can't Install

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
irljdb

Can't Install

Post by irljdb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:34 am

When trying to install I receive the following:

"Feature Transfer Error"
Feature: Default Feature
Component: RRTYCOONCOMPONENT
File: E:\DATA2.cab
Error: An INternal Error Occured

I'm running XP Home SP2
Intel P4 3 Gig
2 Gig Ram
ATI X1600 512MB

Currently updating drivers, hopefully will work but if it doesn't any ideas?
Thanks!

Amazing Ronaldo

Post by Amazing Ronaldo » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 pm

I had the same error. I couldn't even copy the files off to my hard drive to install from there. So I returned it thinking it may have been a bad disk. I brought the new disk home and got the same exact error. So, I called the tech support for 2K and they said it was a bad disk and I will probably need to return it. They will be sending some things to try first but if I return it and get this error a third time .... well y'all will hear me scream and curse for miles around. :lol:

If I have any luck at installing the game, I will post what worked for me in the hopes others can use it too.

-R

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 pm

I did a search for that problem on the internet and found this:

http://forums.filefront.com/archive/ind ... 32520.html

If this doesn't work, research, research, research!!! I know XP is great for putting un-needed and unused junk on computers.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Amazing Ronaldo

Post by Amazing Ronaldo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:19 pm

This is what I wound up trying, and it worked for me.

On my laptop I use for work I decided to try and install it. It worked without a hitch. Same damn CD as gave me the error, which they said is defective and I should return. So I copied the CD contents to my laptop and then burned them on a CD-R. I put that into my desktop and viola it installed without a hitch.

I did notice I could not run the game from the copy as they are using copy protection software on the game CD that it checks for. And now that I think on it, in past readings on other products I own that have used such technologies they can tend to produce results like that experienced in installing this game as well as problems on trying to even run the games the first time. I did ask if it could be a problem with the copy protection software on the CD when I first called them, but was told that it was not the copy protection and it was a bad CD. Well I know they were wrong on the bad CD part. I can only assume that they have no clue about the copy protection or even the settings changes mentioned above by snoopy, since they can't figure out the real reason why it does it and have to resort to telling users it is just a bad disc.

Good luck all and now I can finally start playing this ... though hearing about all the bugs who knows how far I will get lol.

-R

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:29 pm

Amazing Ronaldo, irljdb, Specificly, what are your CD brands and model numbers? I've heard of people doing other things like copying that wouldn't work on 1 CD but worked on a different one. Then again, we all know Windows has always been a problem with everything....

angryman

Post by angryman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:54 pm

I also get a "Feature transfer error" with the RRTycoonComponent while installing under Windows XP Media Center Edition (with all the latest updates).

When I installed it under Windows Vista, I had no problems at all - same original CD, same computer - only other hard disk.

However, since the game permanently crashes with access violations under Vista when moving the mouse too fast while constucting a rail road, I updated Railroads to its latest version 1.10. After that, the game did not recognize the CD anymore. After applying a no-CD-crack, the game can be run again, however, it still crashes.

So... under XP MC, install fails, and under Vista I needed a crack to run a game I bought, which then crashes every few minutes.

This is really a great piece of s***! Perhaps I should do what most people do: download games.

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:08 am

The only difference with SMR is the benefit of throwing the disk against the wall at least once. I believe that SMR can crash just by looking at it. But we are working on ways to correct the problem(s). Firaxis is also waiting so they can take credit for the fix. But as of right now they claim that the game is stable and good quality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, I really crack myself up. Yes nurse Richards it is time for my medicine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Bushdoctor

Post by Bushdoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:55 am

Sounds to me like these people are getting screwed for buying
original software. Very bloody nice....
And these 3 are probably the very tip of the iceberg.

What you guys need is a good clean downloaded version that won't cause
any trouble, or get a 'no-cd crack'.
If you already own an original, downloading a copy is not illegal.
BitTorent and Edonkey/Emule are p2p filesharing networks and can both provide you
with such a copy.
If you need help with those programs or downloading the cd images, feel free to contact me.

You can also grab the socalled 'No-CD crack' from Gamecopyworld.com.
It prevents the game from verifying the disc in the drive.
Again not illegal if you own an original copy.

The No-Cd Crack for version 1.10 is available at this page:
http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_railroads.shtml
You want to download 'Railroads v1.10 [MULTI6] Fixed EXE #2' by Vampyress
(11-01-2007). (Click the small blue floppy disk icon).
Or you can grab the last released crack. (I haven't verified that one myself,
but it should be okay if it's on GameCopyWorld).

Good luck guys. I hope you can get it to work.
Greets,
Doc.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Sounds to me like these people are getting screwed for buying
original software. Very bloody nice....
And these 3 are probably the very tip of the iceberg.
I had similar problem and experience with the game installation and EA-help.(So-called)

I found two ways to install the game.

#1: Try to install it from Windows Protective Mode. Once it is installed could play it regular mode. Crack too.
#2: Copy your installation disk into one of your hard drive. Leave the CD in your CD drive. Start the installation from your hard drive. It worked for me.
Jancsika

angryman

Post by angryman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:14 pm

I already tried #1 and #2, same error message.

BTW, before you go to gamecopyworld.com, make sure your virus scanner is up to date ;-)

Bushdoctor

Post by Bushdoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Do not mistake GameCopyWorld for a socalled 'warez' site.
These are not links but hosted files. All checked and verified.

It never hurts to have anti-virus software standing by though. ;)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm

OK, call me dumb (a lot of others do... :P ) but are we talking about Sid Meier's Railroads! or RR Tycoon? I'm just noticing "RRTYCOONCOMPONENT' in some of the posts.
If this is a problem loading SMR, do you have RR Tycoon on your system? And if so , could this be part of the problem? If so, you might try burning a copy of all your RR Tycoon data and uninstalling it, then try loading SMR again.
If not, play 007 and disreguard anything written here......

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:36 pm

snoopy55 wrote:OK, call me dumb (a lot of others do... :P ) but are we talking about Sid Meier's Railroads! or RR Tycoon? I'm just noticing "RRTYCOONCOMPONENT' in some of the posts.
If this is a problem loading SMR, do you have RR Tycoon on your system? And if so , could this be part of the problem? If so, you might try burning a copy of all your RR Tycoon data and uninstalling it, then try loading SMR again.
If not, play 007 and disreguard anything written here......
I think the most likely case is that the same thing happened to the SMR's components as with what happened with the XMLs. Everything is named as if SMR is RRT4.