Dual Core CPU problems

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
rsuttles58

Post by rsuttles58 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:55 pm

d53642 wrote:I believe the demo was released with alot of the fixes that are coming to the patch.
You are suggesting that they went...BACKWARDS with the actual game???

Wolfwood
Site Admin

Post by Wolfwood » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:57 pm

rsuttles58 wrote:
d53642 wrote:I believe the demo was released with alot of the fixes that are coming to the patch.
You are suggesting that they went...BACKWARDS with the actual game???
Theoretically possible, if they went gold with the game before they released the demo - so that they had more time to work on the demo than they did on the game...
“People aren’t wearing enough hats.” - Monty Python

rsuttles58

Post by rsuttles58 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:03 pm

Lol, that's funny. Seems a little counter-intuitive to put out a demo that's a teaser for the real game AFTER it comes out. Oh well.

I just wish they would get the d*** patch out already. This playing for 15-20 minutes at a time is such a tease. I'm almost tempted to download the demo again just so I can play.

thegrindre

Post by thegrindre » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:43 am

It's not funny at all. It's the way to do things now a days. Push it out the door first then fix it, if it ever gets fixed.

They probably ran out of all the front money that the foolish pre-order people sent in.

MaximvS

Post by MaximvS » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:19 pm

Do you have the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer installed? It solves some of the issues people have running games on the likes of the AM2 etc. The following is a link to it if you don't already have it:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tec ... 06,00.html

SeaWulf

Post by SeaWulf » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Have dual core and Crossfire enabled and was able to run the game by disabling the IntroMovie in setting's file

Just a suggestion

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Are you running Vista? In XP the CPU column is for percentage of CPU usage not which CPU is working on that process.

I would start by going to Windows update and also HP for updates as laptops are special beasts and they usually have all manner of things running in the background that desktops don't. SMR is a picky little princess and all ducks need to be in a row for it to be happy.

In Task Manger sort by name and watch the CPU column and see what other processes are taking up CPU time. You might want to run SMR in windowed mode by unchecking the Full Screen option on the Graphics tab. That way you can run them side by side and have SMR active (have focus) and still see if something else is vying for attention. Although with a dual core that shouldn't be an issue really.

Also, are you running any mods? Have you downloaded any extra content from here that might not be playing well with others. You should turn on error logging and check the log files after your crash to see if there is anything in there that could point you in the right direction. You can rename your user data folder and play in vanilla mode for a bit to see if the extra content is causing conflicts.

Good Luck,
DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

Tech

Post by Tech » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:08 am

You should all install the AMD Dual Core Driver that what fixed it for me here is the link http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tec ... 06,00.html