Game is running very slow

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
respawned

Game is running very slow

Post by respawned » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi, I’m having problems with the game. I haven’t played it in quite a while and when i try it on this computer, it runs VERY slow. It loads fine, it doesn’t crash, graphics are nice but its just slow.

Running on windows xp sp3(fresh instal):
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
(on board card)

So everything loads but then i can barely move around on the map and everything i do takes ages to complete.
I assume its something to do with the video card but not sure.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

BigBoy4967

Re: Game is running very slow

Post by BigBoy4967 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:19 am

Hello Respawned. I heard about this same problem from another game (MSTS) it so happens that it depends on your OS or operating system. From the computer specs i see, is the average. Could it be possible that you had a OS downgrade to XP from 7. Because as I said about that problem on MSTS. It made my computer very slow to run. As you said it will load good but once in the actual game it will run as if there is a bunch of other programs. But all I need to know is if you had a OS downgrade. :?:

respawned

Post by respawned » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:19 pm

No, its not a downgrade. Had XP previously, installed the same copy again. "Normal" programs running, nothing that should drastically affect the performances of the computer. I have a similar one, actually slightly worse and it runs just fine on that one. My opinion is that it has something to do with the above mentioned on board graphic card, but really have no clue...

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Honestly I'm surprized that the game runs at all. That cpu and graphix card are really slow.

Personally I'd build myself a better computer but you're likely not confortable assembling a desktop. If you want to play the game well I suggest you buy a cheap and decent pre-built desktop and then add a good graphixs card to it.