FPK file problems

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
snoopy55

FPK file problems

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm posting this here simple because it is a problem that is being reported by a few people and most likely the downloads that show the problem ar just being dumped by most and not reported.

In working up a Sodor SAM that has not been edited like the present one I had a bit of a problem extracting the files from the FPK. The 'up_coal_car_nrml.dds was 13086222848 bytes in size. The unpacker even froze trying to unpack it. I did manage to get a copy of it from Jansikas version, but found that his FPK had a file, 'watermill_watermill_master_normal.kf' 50624918 bytes in size.

So, the problem has not been the using of the FPKs, but the program that packs them. The game CAN read them, and it CAN use them, but like any other game, when a file is fouled, it just refuses.

At this time I have stopped all my other work and am in the process of removing all FPKs in the BBs and will replace all FPKs in SAMs with folders on the other forum.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Re: FPK file problems

Post by Warll » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 am

If you don't mind would it be possible for me to have access to those updated maps? I would like to update the main site if possible.

Either way thank you for notifying people, and thank you for your work.