Can't create trains v1.1.0

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
vzbob

Re: Can't create trains v1.1.0

Post by vzbob » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:48 am

Warll wrote:I'm not blaming you for posting the site, Bobby and snoopy do a good job of being active and helpful.
They obviously had a much worse spam problem than us since they went to much more extreme measures to counter it. :?
Nope we don't have any bad spam problems it just the same amount of spammers that you get here but you have let them registered on this site and then they try to register on my forum, But they cant as the system i have in place cuts them of before they have a chance to register.
Warll wrote:At least you can view the site, my ISP is blocked. :lol:

As for you accessing the site you are trying to access it through an IP that is not from your Internet Provider Its from i guess your college. I have the Site set so that no College IP from anywhere in the world can access the site, as i have had so many hack attempts from these IPs trying to gain access to the database.
kevcost wrote: I can't register to this forum, an "anti-bot" answer missing :evil:
As for registering the Anti-Spam question is easy to answer if you own the game as it is a game related question that uses a single word answer. And it only takes an E-mail to me [admin at bkbobby.com] asking for help on registering. I know that e-mails from this site are problem to send members an E-mail as War has that ability turned off.

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 am

Emailing someone should not be a problem, if the user has their profile's email field filled in then there is a mailto link under their posts.

You are correct, I had been at college when I encountered the message.

Yeah we do let them register, which is odd since they should be stopped by the recaptcha :lol: In total though we only have about 300 accounts registered but not active, and they appear to have stopped attempting new accounts.

I would like to mention that the php based blocking system isn't going to stop someone from brute forcing the mysql connection, since mysql isn't handled by apache. :? Or were you experiencing sql injection attempts?

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:35 am

Warll wrote:Emailing someone should not be a problem, if the user has their profile's email field filled in then there is a mailto link under their posts.
You are correct, I had been at college when I encountered the message.
Well No ones Posts or Profiles on this forum have a mailto link as they have been disabled on this forum for members as they were disabled by Falconer on the old HG forum so I guess you have not activated them again. Every ones Email address is automatically added to their profile as its not there then they can not register. Even looking at my posts here or your Profile there are no mailto Links or button in any posts.
Warll wrote:Yeah we do let them register, which is odd since they should be stopped by the recaptcha :lol: In total though we only have about 300 accounts registered but not active, and they appear to have stopped attempting new accounts.
recaptcha was broken by the spammer community ages and is useless now as they can crack it faster then you can type help me. I don't use it and haven't for over a year now as it don't work. And as for 300 well you should check your Member list as i see at least more than half of the members on the list are all Spammers as they registered and have never came back yet and quite a few who have posted Links in their profiles to spam sites, And then there are 20 who have registered in the last week.
WarII wrote: I would like to mention that the php based blocking system isn't going to stop someone from brute forcing the mysql connection, since mysql isn't handled by apache. :? Or were you experiencing sql injection attempts?
So what php based blocking system you are talking about.
What I am Using works for me as you have seen and its very handy at doing what it does and it does it very well.