Personnaly mine anomaly crashing.

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
Iskander

Personnaly mine anomaly crashing.

Post by Iskander » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 am

Hi all! I need your help, guys. I have a strange problem. Every time i try to use custom map game crashes, but always on map loading, instantly. And this is a common process for absolutely ALL custom maps, downloaded maps, SAM's etc.
I don't know what is it, I'm tired and asking for your help.
And please, don't tell anything about "3GB enablers", "Clean Documents and Settings... folder", "1.10 patch" etc, I've done it all hundrets of times.
Please, help me :(

Iskander

Re: Personnaly mine anomaly crashing.

Post by Iskander » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:22 am

Another strange thing - when i delete FPK file, provided with most SAM maps, more loading stages pass (but still a crash), so it matters.
Also I have found that maps without FPK file work great (like Epic story of railroad in Utah, Europa 2 Deluxe edition...).
Maybe there is a way to unpack FPK file?

Iskander

Re: Personnaly mine anomaly crashing.

Post by Iskander » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Oh, I've got it! I have a localised Windows version, so my user name is not in English - so there are some problems with saves, custom maps, custom assets and anything in documents and settings folder. Railroad's code can't properly operate with russian alphavet.
But now i installed SMRI in assets folder of the game (with backup of original of course), and all files are now working.
So, anyone with foreighn OS, this can be helpfull for you.