Holiday scenario for Steam version

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
CreamyGoodnss

Holiday scenario for Steam version

Post by CreamyGoodnss » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:31 am

Hi,

I've had Railroads! for a couple of years now and I love it. And then tragedy struck. I went to install it on my new computer and could not find the disc. So I bought it off of Steam the other day. I was given to understand that the Steam version is already patched to 1.1. Bot how do I install the holiday scenario? I downloaded it and ran the installer but since Steam operated differently, it doesn't seem to install the holiday scenario in the right place. Any other Steam users have this issue and a solution? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

robs81

Re: Holiday scenario for Steam version

Post by robs81 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I've also had this problem, with it installing to the wrong place, I redirected it to the correct directory, and the game now see's it but crashes when select it.

I've contacted Steam but they aren't interested and shirked me off to 2k Games, who are yet to respond (5 days ago.)

I can't remember what directory you need to redirect the installer to at the min as I'm on a different machine but I'll find it out for you and post it here, so you can see if you have any more joy than me.