Installing Patch 1.1 and maps

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
nater11

Installing Patch 1.1 and maps

Post by nater11 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am

Hello, I cannot install RailroadsPatch1.10. Every time i try to run it it gives the error:
"The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Railroads! is installed"

However, it is installed, I've been playing it for a year. I downloaded it online (did not install from a CD).

I would really like to download and use the maps created by you guys, but they crash when I try to load them. I also dont have the "UserMaps" directory specified in the instructions, so i just put the map files in the same directory as the ones that come with the game. HELP!

nater11

Re: Installing Patch 1.1 and maps

Post by nater11 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:27 am

I think i may have the answer, i can re-download the game from direct2drive with the new 110 update. Gonna take about 5 hours though (cellular internet connection) :/

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:11 am

I also dont have the "UserMaps" directory specified in the instructions,
The UserMap directory is automatically created when you start a regular stock game.
It should be located in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! folder for Vista.
..and C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meiers Railroads! folder if you running Windows XP

You should never touch the installed game. You could have easily altered the installed game when you tried to place a new scenario.
Don't you have a backup??
Jancsika

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 am

The direct2drive versions of games need special patches, you'll have to get the patch from D2D since you need the D2D version of the patch.