:? Facing some problems with the Borneo Island Map

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
smokingrabbit

:? Facing some problems with the Borneo Island Map

Post by smokingrabbit » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 am

Hi there from Switzerland

I want to play the Borneo Island Map. I was able to install the map (Version 1.1). I'm also able to start a single player session with that map. But when I try to build a station (doesn't matter whether it is in another city or at a resource place), the game crashes. Always! Two seconds after pressing the station-button to place a station, the game crashes. It doesn't matter whether I was able to place the station or not.

How can I fix this? I run the game in version 1.1.0.0. I also have the Intercontinental Mod installed, which works very fine. I run the german version of that game. Im using WinXP Pro with SP3.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings!

Jancsika

Re: :? Facing some problems with the Borneo Island Map

Post by Jancsika » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:28 pm

How can I fix this? I run the game in version 1.1.0.0. I also have the Intercontinental Mod installed, which works very fine
This is where your trouble is!

You need a clean C:/My Documents/...../Sid Meier's Railroads!/ directory:
The easiest way is to:
Delete the directory:
C:/My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! directory completely(That is Window XP)
or if in Windows Vista C:\Users\User\My Documents\My Games\Sid Maier's Railroads!
Start the game. It will automatically create a new clean C:/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Railroads! Directory.
Do NOT install Firaxis Holiday scenario.

You can safely install and run any map
Jancsika

smokingrabbit

Post by smokingrabbit » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. I cleaned up the my games-folder. And i redownloaded the map.

When I try to start the map, the game crashes now on the loading-screen. It becomes black after 10 or 15 second. :cry:

Anyway, this game is too buggy. I quit playing...

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Anyway, this game is too buggy. I quit playing...
Don't give up so easy.....
It is a great map. One of the best that's was ever made!
Try this:
1.Load the game a couple of times. It is a large file for the game to load and it seems that it times itself out.
2.Load slowly: wait a few seconds between the steps.
3.Move these 5 folders
BIM
BIM_Industries
BIM_Interface
BIM_TrainCars
BIM_Trains
from the C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! - Borneo Island Map\CustomAssets folder to the C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! - Borneo Island Map\UserMaps folder.
4.Or move the same 5 folders directly in the C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads! - Borneo Island Map\UserMaps\Borneo Island Map folder.
I have tried all these steps and they worked.
Once the map is loaded, the game is very stable.
Good luck:
Jancsika