red hemispheres

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
Burlington_Northern_3140

red hemispheres

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 am

I have recently had trouble with railroads crashing. I was able to play 2 games very well without crashing. The next game, all of the industries in the cities disapeared and ended up as raw materials. The raw materials and in city industries all apeared like the train bellow. After 1 minute, the game crashes. Because of this, I deleted a alot of other files, defragmented the C drive and reinstalled railroads. That did not help. :( This happens to every map and happens in single and multiplayer mode. :( How can I fix this?
Attachments
SMRailroads%2100052.PNG
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

snoopy55

Re: red hemispheres

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 am

I'd try uninstalling SMR and clearing the SMR folder from My Games. Then reinstalling it and trying to play a stock map. Then install a non-stock map and play it.

An Anti-virus program might be a good thing to run before reinstalling it. It sounds like data is being mangled.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 am

I just updated my anti virus program and am running it now. I have railroads in Program Files right now. I will reinstall it to My Games. Could this be the problem? I have never downloaded any non-stock maps. All I have ever added is my track and three of my engines. I did not have them when I reinstalled. I never use non-stock maps. I only play multiplayer and non-stock stuff doesn't work in multiplayer.
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:10 am

If you're playing multiplayer you are connected to the internet and also to a whole world of junk just looking for a place to play....with your system.

I have the free version of AVG running every morning at 6:00, and it find the junk and removes it daily. I also run Ad-Aware and Search and Destroy, both of which are free and updatable, about once every two weeks or so. On all three of them, watch the spelling of what you access. For instance there is a program called Ad-Ware which can be a real mess.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 am

I have AVG too I found that it wasn't looking for a few things and now I have found 10 viruses. I set it up to look for things every hour, every day and imediatly after startup. I have been looking for anything about the viruses that might help. I will look for Ad-Aware.

I have also been cleaning out files I found some old stuff for train-sim I downloaded awhile ago and then I checked the virus program and it found a trojan virus in them. I have 10,990 files and 4.61 GB in that file and I will delete all of that after the scan finnishes. I think that might help.
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:22 am

Four hours of virus scanning and moving the game fixed everything. :D I have only played 5 full games because of crashing and other stuff.
Thomas