An odd crash

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
zzbusch

An odd crash

Post by zzbusch » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 am

This is an odd crash, at least for me. I get about 2/3's of the way through a game, then the game crashes to the yellow finish screen. It always shows my points as 45 and level as inventor, no matter how well (or bad) I was doing. It's happened 5 times now. I can't finish a game.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is there something that can be done?
Remember railroads is sdaorliar spelled backward

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:36 am

Now we start the twenty questions part of the event. What map where you playing, as well at technical levels at the time? What is mentioned in the log file located in the My Games folder. What are your system specs and where all background programs shut down. If possible please zip and post your log files. or you can send them to me in a PM.

I do not recall this problem coming up in conversation before, but everybody refers to things differently. Some say that every thing is a Crash while others only refer to a crash as a CTD. I will no more once I see the logs and the map involved. XML have had a mind of there own lately. Is this the only map that this occurs in or just the only map that you have played lately. Another thing that may help is to Defrag you computer if you do not do it regularly.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

zzbusch

Post by zzbusch » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi, thanks for replying. It happens on any map I play. There are no log files. The game just sort of jumps to the results screen. You know the one that shows when you finish a game. The one with the guy standing there and it tells you your score.
I score 45 and get 'Inventor' everytime. It's like I've retired, but I haven't. The game just thinks I've 'retired'.

Of course, I play so badly, maybe the game is telling me something. :oops:
Remember railroads is sdaorliar spelled backward

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:33 pm

:shock: Well, I guess this is too simple, but have you checked whether you are retired by the game when the era time for completing the scenario is up?

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Karsten Could be correct and the game is telling you your out of time. But at the same time it should ask if you what to continue. As for the issue of the log file they are located in the My Game side in the Sid Meier's Railroads Folder next to the Custom assets folder. Anyway, if you click Keep Playing then check the Goals location and see how many years you have left. If the keep playing is not available then the AI bought you out and kicked you to the curb.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Bushdoctor

Post by Bushdoctor » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:43 am

Yes, the game offers your retirement (and judges your gameplay)
when the time to complete a scenario has run out.

If you experience your described problem with one particular scenario,
It's very possible that you have run into this issue without realizing it.
(Different scenarios end at a different year mostly).

Btw, I don't think Log files are created by default.
I believe error logging has to be activated by editting the settings.ini.