Trains don't run at all

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
keotaman

Post by keotaman » Thu May 17, 2007 11:36 pm

crosstalker wrote:Screenshot.
Hi Crosstslker. Did your copy of SMRR get corrupted somehow? Any files damaged.
Also, could the train being in the Terminal be preventing the oil train from moving?
There were occasional "slow-down" problems with mine, until I finally set the virtual memory up to 1500 or so, so I understand how frustrating this problem can be.

Keo

crosstalker

Post by crosstalker » Thu May 17, 2007 11:38 pm

No settings problems; no idea what's going on. I give up. :(

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu May 17, 2007 11:41 pm

Have you downloaded any of the user made maps here?

crosstalker

Post by crosstalker » Thu May 17, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes, same problem.

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 pm

Like i said try it on another computer if it still does not work return it and get another copy. If it does work you mean want to reformat and see if that helps.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri May 18, 2007 1:50 am

Have you tried without AI?
At different Difficulties and Routing settings?

While your computer "specs" may not be the issue the configuration of your system might be. As others here have found out SMR is a somewhat finicky beast and does not always play well with others. It is recommended that you shut down all other processes that aren't needed and install the most recent hardware drivers from the device manufacturers websites.

Also, what make is your system? If custom then what brands are the moatherboard, RAM and graphics card?

Oh Yeah, when you reinstalled did you delete the install directory in Program Files and the user content folder under My Documents\My Games ??

DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

K-class

Post by K-class » Fri May 18, 2007 8:23 am

Hello,

What a weird one that is.

Since you got the map to load and run some freight to me there should be no reason for the train to be stuck. I dont see what a corrupt disk / install would be the issue as you wouldn't have got this far.

Try to delete the train and start again or try this saved game as connected another town and deleted your train and readded.

Try a disconnect from the internet, turn off all web browsers, firewalls, anti virus, media players, graphic programs and any thing using memory that is not a windows file under task manager.
Attachments
WTF.zip
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 374 times
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

Mulligan22

trains wont move

Post by Mulligan22 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm having the same problem. I had been playing this game for a month or so without much trouble...
I came back and now my trains just sit at their loading points or make one run and freeze.. My money keeps draining though.

I have shut down all virus scanners etc.. I did a frsh install of the game and pathed it....I"m stumped. Nothing has changed on my pc to make this happen. Just the usual MS updates.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat May 26, 2007 10:58 pm

Well something must have changed. Have you tried to roll back your computer?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:30 am

Have either of you looked into running Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search & Destroy? Both are free and can find alot of things playing around in your computer using up presious CPU time.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon May 28, 2007 5:02 am

"SMR was not made for your computer, your computer must be made for SMR."

Mulligan22

trains wont move

Post by Mulligan22 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 pm

I really dont have a restore point to go back to.. I've checked for viruses and spyware. All clean. I've updated my video drivers. I've shut down as many background services as I can and still this wont work.
Usually a passenger train will make one run to a station then it wont return. Non passenger items wont even load. The engine shows up but the cars dont get loaded. It just sits there losing money. I'm stumped because this game worked fine for quite awhile.

biscy5

Post by biscy5 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:12 am

Hi,

I experianced the same problems named here, and even get the same results when downloading your savegame. Infact several posts in this section are all the same issue in my opinion, just slight variations from each other (explained below). The game ran fine until I started trying out custom content, maps, etc. This issue is horrible and utterly kills the game - and its very random too, read on;

1. Sometimes you can manage to get a single trip done, but when the train starts to load and the next stop, it freezes, while still burning money. Sometimes you dont even get a load when the train is first bought!

2. Sometimes mail and passengers aren't affected, sometimes they are :?

3. Sometimes the train doesnt even arrive at the correct place of a station to unload/load - causing it to stop completely, while the game says its moving at anywhere between 1 and 10 kpm (very random) This effect is very similiar to a 'waiting' train - as if it was waiting on something to move.

4. When loading at a station (on both first and second loads) the carriages dont actually appear - only the train.

5. Occurs on both a single direct track between two stops and with added tracks, or any combination of, eg. slips, splits, etc.

6. Doesnt matter what map you play, what train you use, track or track path, industry, era, objective, number of AI, difficulty or routing level - it happens at random, regardless.

My computer specs are fully capable of running this game, the system itself has almost nothing extra running in the background - im pretty sure graphics/sound/antivirus are all that runs besides the normal Windows processes. The game is patched to v1.10, was freshly installed god knows how many times to find whats wrong(!), all set to default settings.

Though, tried I enabling logging in 'Settings.ini' and everything runs no problem. Now im enjoying that great basin and range map :D Try it out and see if the problems remain (Link below)

http://www.hookedgamers.com/wiki/Sid_Me ... :Interface

gczobel

Post by gczobel » Wed May 30, 2007 10:27 am

Try to change the video settings to "windows mode" or something like this... I don't remember the setting and my computer was broke at home.
After this when the game work in window mode change again to normal mode.
I think that the problem is related to some video cards. I tried with several drivers but it's the same. The only thing that work is change the window mode.

Try and tell me if work

Good luck!

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:46 pm

biscy5 - I'm just going to toss this one out there as it is a possibility......you aren't checking that box that says 'Wait until full' are you? That train will sit there till full. Are the nimbers that show the quanity at the annex or station more than zero?
On number 4, if there isn't enough track behind the train there cars will not show. The stations tracks only go back to the end marker or the signal post.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....