Fixed crashes to desktop by turning off anti-aliasing

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
peterincanberra

Fixed crashes to desktop by turning off anti-aliasing

Post by peterincanberra » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Like many people in several threads, I have been having problems with Railroads crashing to the desktop. However I have stopped this happening by simply turning off anti-aliasing in the options.

I have a graphics card with the nVidia 6600 GT chipset. I don't think it was a problem with the card heating up because sometimes it would crash within the first minute of two of me playing the game (after booting from cold).

If turning off anti-aliasing doesn't solve your problem and you don't think you have a heat issue, try turning all the graphics options off or to their lowest setting and then seeing if the game is stable. If it is, start increasing the graphics options until something goes wrong. To narrow it down, I recommend increasing the graphics options one by one. This was how I solved my problem.

Turning off anti-aliasing may not work for others but it is an easy fix that is worth trying if you are having problems. I hope it works for some people.

(I do have to wonder if the quality assurance (QA) people were asleep at the wheel when this game was tested.)