How to change what Train can pull??

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
cobweb

How to change what Train can pull??

Post by cobweb » Thu May 07, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm new to this forum so I hope the is the proper place to ask this question.

What do I have to edit in order to get an engine to pull any and all cargo??? I'm a longtime player of the RT Series and edited them fairly well, but I admit to a level of frustration trying to read through and learn the basics of SMR editing. :?:

EDIT: Maybe I didn't state my question right. Example-I installed and used the Southern Mikado trains and only one of them hauled freight. I then installed, in seperate scenario, the Florida trains. The Mikado in Florida version hauled any type of freight, passengers and mail. Looking at the files both sets of Mikado's appear the same. What I'm trying to find is how to get the Mikado's in the Southern set to haul all types of freight and passengers and mail like the Florida trains. BTW, while playing the scenario with the Florida engines I also used the ACWR 3803 and WS 3803 and I could select them to pull any type of cargo including passengers and mail, but when I installed the two 3803's in any map/scenario other than the one using Florida trains I could only select them to haul passengers and mail. Sorry for the longwinded reply, just trying to be a little clearer as to what I am trying to do. Many thanks for the quick reply.
Last edited by cobweb on Fri May 08, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodea2007

Re: How to change what Train can pull??

Post by Rodea2007 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:52 am

cobweb wrote:I'm new to this forum so I hope the is the proper place to ask this question.

What do I have to edit in order to get an engine to pull any and all cargo??? I'm a longtime player of the RT Series and edited them fairly well, but I admit to a level of frustration trying to read through and learn the basics of SMR editing. :?:
This game is not like MSTS game, if in MSTS game you can make what Train can pull by edit consist of the train but in SMR game you can only change what train can pull in game (when you are playing a map )
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Jancsika

Re: How to change what Train can pull??

Post by Jancsika » Fri May 08, 2009 5:02 am

You have to edit the RRT_Trains_MAPNAME.xml file.

Find the engine in question and add this line to the to the particular engine specification.
<PassengersAndMailOnly>0</PassengersAndMailOnly>
If you have any problems, just let us know.
Jancsika
If you don't know how. Just ZIP it and post here the RRT_Trains_MAPNAME.xml file.

cobweb

Re: How to change what Train can pull?? Thanks

Post by cobweb » Sat May 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks for both timely replies. I inserted that line into the xml and it appears to have fixed my problem