Lowell's Florida Trains

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
Jancsika

Lowell's Florida Trains

Post by Jancsika » Sat May 17, 2008 2:15 am

These are the trains from Lowell's Florida Gold400X scenario. There are 26 engines starting with the Mikado series and up.
They are contained in a simple 12 X 12 map. You can use this map to make your own scenario. You will be able to use the Terrain Editor from the game.
If you want to use the engines in your own map you have to copy the contents of the RRT_Trains_Clone400.XML into your own Trains.XML file. Also you have to copy the Train Names from RRT_Names_Clone400.XML into your RRT_Names.XML file and the Tenders from RRT_TrainCars.XML

There are seven compressed files to unpack:
The Trains1.ZIP thru Trains6.Zip these are FPK files and they should be placed in the C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\ folder.
The contents of the UserMaps.ZIP should be placed in C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\UserMaps\ folder.

This is the first time that I tried to unscramble somebody else's FPK files, so any error is mine.
By the way Lowell did not compress his into an FPK. I had to do it in order to make the upload files smaller.
If you know how, you can unpack the FPK-s, it will take up considerably more room, but it is said that it will make the game's response faster.
Jancsika
EDIT
There is only one FPK file in the ZIP-s, that is Train1.FPK and that goes in the CustomAssets directory
Train2 through Train6 has the raw files only, so after unzipping Tran2 – Train6, please copy and paste the files (NOT THE DIRECTORY) into the CustomAssets directory. It will work; I’ve just tried it.

I am also uploading a revised UserMaps folder. (Rev 1_01) This should replace the old UserMaps folder. This will have the effect to be able to haul freight with your trains.
Please note that this upload is placed in my May 17,2008 Post, because the maximum limits of attachments are 5
Attachments
Trains6.zip
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 649 times
Trains5.zip
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 586 times
Trains4.zip
(5.43 MiB) Downloaded 581 times
Trains3.zip
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 604 times
Trains2.zip
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 580 times
Trains1.zip
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 618 times
Last edited by Jancsika on Sun May 18, 2008 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

vzbob

Re: Lowell's Florida Trains

Post by vzbob » Sat May 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Jancsika wrote:These are the trains from Lowell's Florida Gold400X scenario. There are 26 engines starting with the Mikado series and up.
They are contained in a simple 12 X 12 map. You can use this map to make your own scenario. You will be able to use the Terrain Editor from the game.
If you want to use the engines in your own map you have to copy the contents of the RRT_Trains_Clone400.XML into your own Trains.XML file. Also you have to copy the Train Names from RRT_Names_Clone400.XML into your RRT_Names.XML file and the Tenders from RRT_TrainCars.XML

There are three compressed files to unpack:
The Train1.ZIP and the Train2.Zip these are FPK files and they should be placed in the C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\ folder.
The contents of the UserMaps.ZIP should be placed in C:\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\UserMaps\ folder.

This is the first time that I tried to unscramble somebody else's FPK files, so any error is mine.
By the way Lowell did not compress his into an FPK. I had to do it in order to make the upload files smaller.
If you know how, you can unpack the FPK-s, it will take up considerably more room, but it is said that it will make the game's response faster.
Jancsika
Is this missing train1.zip and train2.zip usermap.zip is the only 1 I see here.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat May 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Is this missing train1.zip and train2.zip usermap.zip is the only 1 I see here.
You are right! I have trouble uploading them. But it is coming. Please check back later. :oops:

Jancsika

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Sorry about the delay....confusion, life in general and something about uploading slowed it down a bit. I had to break the two ZIPs down into six because I was having problems uploading. I plan on doing some testing to try and see what the problem might be.

And where did you get that MP3 song from?? :?:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat May 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks Snoopy. I am always glad to see that it's not me who is having trouble.
By the way I have the four Mikado trains also separately. I'll wait with it for a while how these will do.
They are a little over 6 MB.
And where did you get that MP3 song from??
That came with the Florida package.

Jancsika

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun May 18, 2008 12:30 am

Please note the following:
There is only one FPK file in the ZIP-s, that is Train1.FPK and that goes in the CustomAssets directory
Train2 through Train6 has the raw files only, so after unzipping Tran2 – Train6, please copy and paste the files (NOT THE DIRECTORY) into the CustomAssets directory. It will work; I’ve just tried it.

I am also uploading a revised UserMaps folder. (Rev 1_01) This should replace the old UserMaps folder. This will have the effect to be able to haul freight with your trains.
Please let me know if there is any problem
Jancsika
Attachments
UserMaps_V_1_01.zip
This is Version 1_01 May 17,2008
(104.44 KiB) Downloaded 470 times

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 am

Jancsika wrote:Thanks Snoopy. I am always glad to see that it's not me who is having trouble.
By the way I have the four Mikado trains also separately. I'll wait with it for a while how these will do.
They are a little over 6 MB.
And where did you get that MP3 song from??
That came with the Florida package.

Jancsika
The music appears on Florida Gold with special permission. Please inform me if you use that music on any modded maps so I may tell you what is needed in your thread and credits. I should have caught this earlier.
Thanks