Lowell

Re: Repainting

Post by Lowell » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 am

The stock game files in Program Files/2 K Games/Assets...etc. is
<RRTTrains>
<Scale>2.0</Scale>
<RRTTrainCars>
<Scale>1.0</Scale>

Basin and Range rescaled their files so the engines would fit the trains cars better. If you look close at the trains in game after being rescaled...the wheels are inside the track line and not touching the rails. You must have used the xml lists from B&R...for the default game you would have to use the stock train and car size. The scale is atop of the RRT_Trains.xml file, is there a global trains file in that map? If so, just copy the heading out of the games proper files and add it to your list.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 am

Lowell - If you look at the thumbnail in his picture, he used my Side to Side map. Also, as I said, that scale setting effects ALL of the Engines on the map, and the one in TrainCars effects ALL of the cars on the map.

If he uploads the data I'll figure it out...or create a box car of nitro to fix the problem.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:50 am

I changed the numbers in the dds WP5357_gp38_2_diff to match a real Western Pacific GP40 witch I used for reference. I just need an alfa for the number on the side of the cab wich I posted. If anyone could create one that would help. thanks! I will edit the XML so that the engine is the right scale.
Attachments
WP5357number_decal.png
WP5357number_decal.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 8057 times
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon May 05, 2008 2:53 am

I remember when it was first changed, everyone was saying how the ac4400 fit in the roundhouse better as it used to hang over the railing in the games default size.

Well...the only spot for that in the xml's is a global trains file and I don't think you ever placed one in that map. The nif file must have had the scale adjusted. You could grab a default gp38 nif file out of the game and rename the four enteries real quick and see if the scales get set correct. How can it showup like that in Dwax's files and not yours is a good one...there is a global trains file in smri however, I wounder what the size is set for in his load of that...maybe that is where the size conflict is somehow.

...edit...yup just checked my saved load of the old global files before smri was out...we had set the global trains file for 1.5 around the time the ac4400 came out. The new smri has the global trains file set at 2.0 like the default game. So he must have that in an old set of global trains files...or something like that... :shock:

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon May 05, 2008 3:04 am

I changed the XMl"s they all look right now. Now back on topic. :D

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:30 am

Let me try to make my post a bit clearer.... The WP NIF was checked...it is 1.000 scale. The engine is not a GLOBAL, it IS and original.
Tijer wrote:I must say that this is a new concept. This would be the first report of an engine taken steroids. The stock engine is not scaled in the XML and the NIF has everything at 1. I downloaded the WP and compared it to the stock and they match in all scale locations on the NIF.
The NIFs were compared.

As to the RRT_Trains scale setting, the GLOBAL, if he was using it, is set to 2.0, and since Side to Sides RRT_Trains XML has no scale setting, it would be using the same thing. As to SMRI setting the scale, it could only do that if it was loaded first. And either way, they would both be the same. The scale effects ALL the Engines, no matter what it is set for.

Dwax...what exactly did you change???

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon May 05, 2008 3:41 am

Customs assets XML"s from.

<RRTTrains>
<Scale>1.5</Scale>
<RRTTrainCars>
<Scale>0.8</Scale>

To

<RRTTrains>
<Scale>2.0</Scale>
<RRTTrainCars>
<Scale>1.0</Scale>

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:47 am

Well, I still can't see how, but this is another reason we were working on SAMs.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:26 pm

I was unable to make an alfa for this. :( Can someone make one?
thanks
Attachments
WP5357number_decal.png
WP5357number_decal.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 8008 times
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 pm

I don't know how to make an alfa, otherwise I would help. :)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:21 am

Pleeeeeaaaazzzzzzeeeee, post them as jpg files, zipped. It's hard to copy a file off the screen and work with it. I hope I got this right. I erased the black leaving alpha, then I rebuilt a version of it pixel by pixel, then I made the 'spec' file you need for it.
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:59 am

I will remember to post them as JPGs zipped next time. Here is the engine. Directions are in the new readme.
Attachments
WESTERN_PACIFIC_5357.zip
(922.15 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Last edited by Burlington_Northern_3140 on Thu May 29, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 am

snoopy55 wrote:Well, I still can't see how, but this is another reason we were working on SAMs.
I can see how...
Like I said I have a copy of the Old Global mod files way before SMRI. Those settings Dwax has are from those set of globals. When SMRI came out...they were switched back to the 2.0 and 1.0.

The 1.5 and 0.8 were set way back before smri was even thought of.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:43 pm
choobacca wrote:All trains in the roundhouse are shown in the same scale. The AC4400 is just that much longer than the rest of the engines. Didn't you notice that this engine is much longer when it is rolling down the tracks in the game?

You could set the <Scale> tag in RRT_Trains.xml down to 1.5 as it is set to 2.0 by default. This scale affects how the trains appear in the roundhouse and on the track.

The picture that you reference stormfather, probably had the engines scale set to 1.5 as the Tender Mod originally did.
Now...I wounder how many people using globals and smri, and might have that setting for their RRT_Trains.xml list inside custom assets...:?:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Lowell wrote: I can see how...
Like I said I have a copy of the Old Global mod files way before SMRI. Those settings Dwax has are from those set of globals. When SMRI came out...they were switched back to the 2.0 and 1.0.

The 1.5 and 0.8 were set way back before smri was even thought of.

Now...I wounder how many people using globals and smri, and might have that setting for their RRT_Trains.xml list inside custom assets...:?:
So let me understand this....If you don't have GLOBALS, the scale is set for 2.0. When GLOBALS came out, the scale went to 1.5, and all the Engines were set for 1.5. SMRI came along and all the Engines in SMRI went back to 2.0. The Engine he loaded up was not part of SMRI, so it decided to run at 1.5....... Say What?????

The game looks at the newer version of RRT_Trains, which in this case is the GLOBALS, which are the SMRIs also.(quit separating them, they are one in the same, the SMRI only does a mass loading of the GLOBALS). The scale is set by the GLOBALS. Adding a new Engine does not let the game decide which scale it is going to use, it will use the scale set by the RRT_Trains.xml file, be it the Original, the GLOBAL, or the one you put in your map, IF you set a scale in the one in your map, in which case ALL the Engines will be set for that scale. The only other place to change scale is in the NIF file, which was not changed.

Let him tell us what he changed.

Note here...I see that FG has a scale of 2.0 and 1.0........ :roll:

Burlington_Northern_3140 - How'd that decal come out?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:18 pm

I believe it might be a little small, also I just figured out how to add an alfa channel. Did not see the eraser :oops: :oops:
Thomas