union pacific ac4400 beta skin

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
twigsoffury

union pacific ac4400 beta skin

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:43 pm

still needs work.

lol the gas tank is gold ooooppps!

but i like dirty trains so thats what yall get!
Attachments
railroads20020102093501zn9.jpg
railroads20020102093501zn9.jpg (191.66 KiB) Viewed 13342 times

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 pm

and this:
Attachments
railroads20020102093622mw0.jpg
railroads20020102093622mw0.jpg (173.94 KiB) Viewed 13337 times

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Where is the download. :lol:

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm

oh they arn't even close to being done yet.

there are still things to fix like the direction of the letters and numbers and well there size in general

after this one its these two skins

http://www.geocities.com/bntribute/BN/B ... n_9602.jpg

so all in all what do you guys think so far?

[edit] I'll make a new logo that is blank to solve the badge over a badge problem.

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:30 pm

twigsoffury wrote:oh they arn't even close to being done yet.

there are still things to fix like the direction of the letters and numbers and well there size in general

after this one its these two skins

http://www.geocities.com/bntribute/BN/B ... n_9602.jpg

so all in all what do you guys think so far?

[edit] I'll make a new logo that is blank to solve the badge over a badge problem.
Thats sweet. :) I like seeing the engines mixed like that.

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Wish someone would make a skin from these>:D
Attachments
4710.1043116080.jpg
4710.1043116080.jpg (359.98 KiB) Viewed 13335 times
9408.1096835700.jpg
9408.1096835700.jpg (180.55 KiB) Viewed 13336 times

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm

it seems i have rectangle wheels and trucks now.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:59 pm

As to the rectangles, sometimes when you do graphic editing the programs tend to overwrite the Alpha you've applied.

The reversed lettering can be dealt with by copying it to another image screen, doing a horizontlal 180 on it and copying it back.

Looks nice....got any CNWs on your mind for later?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:18 pm

yah ill take requests after I finish up with the UP theme.

seems that i need to fix one of the files for these.

where are the default textures? just the blank ones?

GP8 i think it is?

the ac4400 is just about finished i fixed the backwards numbers and letters and changed the gas tank back to a charcol color.
Attachments
8vw9on.jpg
8vw9on.jpg (107.49 KiB) Viewed 13334 times

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Inside the games Trains FPk is where all the default game files are. The normals need filled in on the blank spaces in order to blank out the player colors...seems you found that. Here is a copy of one of the ac4400's done. You can see how you need to flip the numbers and letters on a few. I tried to fix the window but got mine a tad too large. The top left section are the handrails. The one pictured below is on a map that is just about to be released.

The GP38 will be different when it comes to names and road numbers. You need to add decals to the sides...you can't paint letters on the image file. Look inside the Trains.fpk in the map called Basin and Range. Pull up one of their gp38's and use the Nif off of that model...you will have the decals mounted on the train then, change all the dds info to your train in the nif's list, then change the decal names to your decals that you want to showup on the model. You'll see what I mean. Oh...you may need to adjust the x, y position of the decals and or resize the area depending on the size you need.

Also...you can "attach" your images/screenshots to the forum on this thread, it places them in a smaller picture frame that users can click on for the full image...this way the whole page will load faster and the pages don't get streatched out too large.
Attachments
FEC_ac4400_diff_Demo.png
FEC_ac4400_diff_Demo.png (256.41 KiB) Viewed 13378 times

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Lowell wrote:Inside the games Trains FPk is where all the default game files are. The normals need filled in on the blank spaces in order to blank out the player colors...seems you found that. Here is a copy of one of the ac4400's done. You can see how you need to flip the numbers and letters on a few. I tried to fix the window but got mine a tad too large. The top left section are the handrails. The one pictured below is on a map that is just about to be released.

The GP38 will be different when it comes to names and road numbers. You need to add decals to the sides...you can't paint letters on the image file. Look inside the Trains.fpk in the map called Basin and Range. Pull up one of their gp38's and use the Nif off of that model...you will have the decals mounted on the train then, change all the dds info to your train in the nif's list, then change the decal names to your decals that you want to showup on the model. You'll see what I mean. Oh...you may need to adjust the x, y position of the decals and or resize the area depending on the size you need.

Also...you can "attach" your images/screenshots to the forum on this thread, it places them in a smaller picture frame that users can click on for the full image...this way the whole page will load faster and the pages don't get streatched out too large.
whoa thats crazy on the decals. I'm just using the plane jane texture and doing everything to that one. The logo's Eh i Think i'll make a blank one and stick in all of my locomotives. that way the trains will just show my custom textures with out the logo at all. woo.

thanks for pointing me to the default textures. It's just a pain to freggin color in all of the doors and windows then go back and dirty the dang thing up but im getting the hang of what goes where.

I do alot of texturing for a game called LFS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/ ... tersen.jpg

there is some of my handy work.

they'll get better as they go.

I assume I'll just include them all into my own texture pak and post them somewhere when im all said and done.

Where are all of the rest of everyones textures? I looked on the wiki and it was barren.[/url]

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:35 pm

I'll let you guys in on a secret

Thomas the tank engine

Coors light train

are on my list.

any other hilarious trains people would like to see?

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 pm

let you guys in on a secret

Thomas the tank engine

Coors light beer train

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh nice...I have a few ships and cars I play with in Lightwave, amoung thousands of other models. Nice work.

Well there were a couple train skin packs. My new engines are built into my maps. There are a few maps like that. Any new models you make will be welcome. I'm working on Great Northern and Central Georgia right now. And...I'm also making a Susquehanna set of engines for anouther map. That Milwaukee Rd. will be nice. Those UP engines are coming along nice as well.

The Thomas Tank engine train set and the buildings can be gotten from TurboSquid.com, I think they are the ones from the TV show, as many of the models there are the real ones used for film etc. The 3D models will be in several formats 3DMax LWO etc.

EDIT// It may seem like it's alot to go through for say the GP38 to get the road name and number in the right place, but it really is fairly easy. If you say get your Milwaukee set made for the GP38 or 7 or the F units let me know and I can help you get the things started. All you will have to do is make the text banner that will be on the side, just make the area behind the text transparent. Make sure when you save your layers you don't merge everything "flat" or the transparent areas will be white...merge only the visable layers as you go then save. When converting DDS files to say PNG to be edited, use the 32/64 RGBA so you get the alpha as you edit. Then convert back out as DDS DXT3.
Attachments
sou_18.png
sou_18.png (552.57 KiB) Viewed 13338 times

twigsoffury

Post by twigsoffury » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:28 pm

Lowell wrote:Oh nice...I have a few ships and cars I play with in Lightwave, amoung thousands of other models. Nice work.

Well there were a couple train skin packs. My new engines are built into my maps. There are a few maps like that. Any new models you make will be welcome. I'm working on Great Northern and Central Georgia right now. And...I'm also making a Susquehanna set of engines for anouther map. That Milwaukee Rd. will be nice. Those UP engines are coming along nice as well.

The Thomas Tank engine train set and the buildings can be gotten from TurboSquid.com, I think they are the ones from the TV show, as many of the models there are the real ones used for film etc. The 3D models will be in several formats 3DMax LWO etc.

EDIT// It may seem like it's alot to go through for say the GP38 to get the road name and number in the right place, but it really is fairly easy. If you say get your Milwaukee set made for the GP38 or 7 or the F units let me know and I can help you get the things started. All you will have to do is make the text banner that will be on the side, just make the area behind the text transparent. Make sure when you save your layers you don't merge everything "flat" or the transparent areas will be white...merge only the visable layers as you go then save. When converting DDS files to say PNG to be edited, use the 32/64 RGBA so you get the alpha as you edit. Then convert back out as DDS DXT3.

Wooo the golden key right there for the trucks. I dont have photo shop. I'm using photo plus 6. it's like paintshop pro with some extras. but its free. so its easy to throw onto any computer.

But anyways I've been eyeballing a pair of those silver trucks for the 4400's UP's.

and someone already got to my thomas idea already i see.