Here's What I want to do?

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
JoeExplorer

Here's What I want to do?

Post by JoeExplorer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:47 am

I would like to use the trains from the Basin and Range scenario in other scenarios.

How can I do this? I'm not a big modder so take it easy on me.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:16 am

Oh thats really easy to do, now just wait for someone who knows how to do it to tell you... Yeah I fails.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:56 am

Open the RRT_Trains_BasinAndRange.xml in the BasinAndRange folder and the RRT_Trains XML in the folder of the map you want to add them to. Copy everything from <Train> to </Train> from the Basin And Range file. This is a sample:

<Train>
<szName>TAG_NAME_BR_SANTAFE_STEAM</szName>
<Year>1926</Year>
<szCar>_bnsf</szCar>
<MaxSpeed>7</MaxSpeed>
<Speed0>7</Speed0>
<Power>16</Power>
<Cost>200000</Cost>
<MaintenanceCost>8500</MaintenanceCost>
<BitmapIcon>
<szFile>routing_santafe_steamer.tga</szFile>
</BitmapIcon>
</Train>

and paste it into the other maps file. Be sure you leave </RRTTrains> as the last line.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll try not to let whats-his-name answer....... :P

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

JoeExplorer

Post by JoeExplorer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:24 pm

tks snoop.

What do you expect from a guy from Kanada. LOL.

JoeExplorer

Post by JoeExplorer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:11 pm

The trains work fine for cargo. But as soon as I load passengers I get CTD.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:27 pm

What engines are they? Some may be set to run special things.

JoeExplorer

Post by JoeExplorer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:37 pm

I think I got it. Went to the traincars file and copied them over. Seems work fine.

It appears that the engine was trying to connect to the older passenger car and not the modern one, causing the CTD.

PaF-Daddy

Post by PaF-Daddy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:25 pm

I have the problem that the Basin and Range Scrapmetal cars dont want to unload in my Custom map :evil: quite annoying dont know the solution
I love Locos and Eve Online

Creator of a huge germany map in english and in german. Look into the map section!

JoeExplorer

Post by JoeExplorer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:55 pm

I got the Basin & Range Trains/Cars working fine on the Utah map. Very impressive too.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing for the Chicago scenario. I used the same files and just renamed them for the Chicago scenario. I added the goods cars that weren't included to make sure I have all the goods covered.

Everytime one of my trains tries to pick up "Fish" I get CTD. I can pick up passengers, wheat and corn fine and even gold ore.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:24 am

If you have an existing map like Utah and want to put the Basin & Range Trains in it, you don't need to make any changes in RRT_TrainCars.xml for that map. It is set up for the Goods used in the map already. Just do the name change on RRT_Trains.xml. This is probally why you are having trouble. All you are doing is changing the RRT_TrainCars file and then having to go thru it and put in what it needs to run, and you have to do it using trial and error...... :(

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:53 am

PaF-Daddy wrote:I have the problem that the Basin and Range Scrapmetal cars dont want to unload in my Custom map :evil: quite annoying dont know the solution
I have seen this before where the train car won't animate properly. It was always caused by the wrong shader set in the model.
I looked at the model but I saw the correct shader. If you open the scrapmetal_car_bnsf.nif file in NifSkope and click on the scrap metal parts in the model, then in the Block Details look for Shader Name. You should see RRT_NoLightingSkinShader.

As long as it is set to a Skin shader, it should be animating. I haven't noticed any problems in mine.

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:01 am

JoeExplorer wrote:I got the Basin & Range Trains/Cars working fine on the Utah map. Very impressive too.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing for the Chicago scenario. I used the same files and just renamed them for the Chicago scenario. I added the goods cars that weren't included to make sure I have all the goods covered.

Everytime one of my trains tries to pick up "Fish" I get CTD. I can pick up passengers, wheat and corn fine and even gold ore.
This problem is because I never included a Fish train car for the BNSF variation. So I am attaching a patch FPK that includes the following train cars for the BNSF variation:

arm car
auto car
clothing car
fish car
goods car
pharm car
vineyard car
wool car

Some of these were remodeled and retextured for the BNSF cars, and some were left out of the BNSF train car pack released with the Basin & Range map. Pop this FPK file into your CustomAssets and you should be able to load fish without crashing.
Attachments
SDSTrainCarsBNSFPatch.zip
Adds support for basic train cars that were missing from the BNSF train car variation.
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Rodea2007

Re: Here's What I want to do?

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:43 am

JoeExplorer wrote:I would like to use the trains from the Basin and Range scenario in other scenarios.

How can I do this? I'm not a big modder so take it easy on me.
To use trains from the Basin And Range Scenario or from others scenario in other scenarios you can open and edit XML file RRT_scenario_user_xxx.xml from Scenario to used and replace <TrainsXMLFile>RRT_Trains_xxx.xml</TrainsXMLFile> with <TrainsXMLFile>RRT_Trains_BasinAndRange.xml</TrainsXMLFile> or with Trains from scenario you like

I think it's easy way
I hope you can do it