NR Class Loco in Progress, Could Use Some Help

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:40 pm

Lowell said.

Code: Select all

Been using them on my 400 unit size Florida map.
Can I try that map? I try Flaggers Florida and don't get the Duals, just as singles.

K-class

Post by K-class » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi Lowell and dwax sorry if that was not clear.

What I meant to say if you have any CTD's or the new trains don't work check your own xml and any double trains / modded train - tendercar xml's you have set-up.

I had made a pile of extra trains with entries in the TenderCar xml file and the one entry I had clashed with this new train, I changed mine to a new name. All is working as intended.

Anyone have a input on why the diesel's sound is doubled up.

It works both ways and on test I cant tell any sound difference having single entries or double entries.

I suspect somewhere in the past this got doubled and since on new mod the code was just simply copied and as it worked no one noticed this??
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Lowell, are you referring to the in-game 'paint' color? That comes from the Alpha channel in the Normal map.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Then it isn't dark enough for the player colors to change the B unit model...I think it has to be fairly blackened out for the player color to show through.

EDIT//
Dwax wrote:Can I try that map?
The map has a few more things that need added/changed. I am changing a winery to an orange field, as well as a couple other additions. Miami port for import and export...etc. I will post it when done...maybe a week or so. "I love gigantic maps...Earth 2150-2160, Empire Earth, HL2, Dystopia, COD2, Darwinia, Cesar, you name'em...I max'em out. :D

EDIT//EDIT// :) corrected by my Floridian friends... it is refered to as Port-O-Miami...not Miami Port :lol:
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:50 pm

Lowell wrote:...The map has a few more things that need added/changed. I am changing a winery to an orange field, as well as a couple other additions. Miami port for import and export...etc. I will post it when done...maybe a week or so.
Hey Lowell,
I am interested to see your orange field as I wanted to add a Fruit Growers Express reefer to haul oranges around. But if you add a fruit reefer, then I won't have to. :D

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 pm

All these Dual Engines, we need a way to specify what engine you want for your second engine. I don't really think the Railroads care much if the engines match........

No offense intended toward anyone... :roll:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 pm

The orange engines look like the Chicago Milwaukee RR KEWL!! Thats what we have around here. :)

Big Papa

Post by Big Papa » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:47 pm

snoopy55 wrote:All these Dual Engines, we need a way to specify what engine you want for your second engine. I don't really think the Railroads care much if the engines match........
snoopy55,
Choo and I have 25 custom skins (prototypical) for the F3, GP7, GP38 & AC4400... which have add up to 33 engine combinations (singles & doubles) for our Basin & Range Map. Choo has set them up to be available at the correct date, power, speed & cost for what they are and you just select the combo you fancy out of the round house.

Big Papa

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Sounds Great!!! Now, how do we do those 6 engine trains?

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:01 am

choobacca wrote:Hey Lowell,
I am interested to see your orange field as I wanted to add a Fruit Growers Express reefer to haul oranges around. But if you add a fruit reefer, then I won't have to. :D
Sure...I have all the games files for the winery and was just about to get that started. I am looking at how the grape vines were setup so I can replace them with the trees.

EDIT//Dwax...all I did was open up the player color and logo screen...changed the color from blue at the start... to the orange you see. What I was trying to show is if you use a B unit ac4400...the color won't change with the lead unit...if you have dual A-A units as the other pic shows, they both change color

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:01 am

Lowell - gforce put snow on some trees, why not use a tree from the editer and put orange dots on those and place them, with the building next to it?

Just found it. In Industries0.fpk, vineyard_stockpile.kfm which uses a simple vines_diff.dds.

Good Luck.

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Lowell:

Any closer to getting the map done? :D You going to put the new orange skin and new Loco in it??

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:04 pm

dwax wrote:Lowell:

Any closer to getting the map done? :D You going to put the new orange skin and new Loco in it??
The map is in the final stages of testing. The 400 size is a bit unstable. So we have made several sizes. The 255 plays with no issues fully packed. I wanted a bit larger land surface seeing as a good part of the map has water. A size 17 map is being tested now...so far so good.

I also have to finish my work with the "orange grove." Almost there...have torn apart all the files used for the winery/vineyard, and am in the middle of making the trees. The Florida map will also have a couple new ships. One a big oil tanker...the other a newer style container ship...both have high detail. The map makes you export oil.

EDIT//...correction...the map gets it's oil from an offshore station where the tanker is parked. The player will import oil to the state from there.
Attachments
oil_tanker.jpg
oil_tanker.jpg (29.17 KiB) Viewed 10594 times
container_ship.jpg
container_ship.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 10594 times
Last edited by Lowell on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BadKharma

Post by BadKharma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm

That looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:08 pm

Sweet! Ships too! :D