9 Diesels available

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
Bad_Dude

Post by Bad_Dude » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:34 pm

Ok, what am I doing wrong, I did a clean install, then patched, then installed the Chirstmas pack, then installed the 9Trains.exe, then used the .xml for all trains for US east, the game crashes everytime. Am i missing something?

Bad_Dude

Post by Bad_Dude » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Did a clean install, patched, installed all the files you posted, then the trainpack, CTD everytime.

lazersgm

Post by lazersgm » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:56 pm

back up these files and replace with the ones linked here.
\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XMLRRT_Trains.xml

c:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\Assets\XML\_SCENARIOS_\US_East\RRT_Trains_US_East.xml

also install this http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/download.php?id=706

did you make sure you put the bunit.fpk file in the \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets dir?

it would be nice if we could just make a installer that put all the files you need for this on your computer but we would need the permission off all the file makers/mod makers to do this. that would be a tuff thing to do.
Attachments
RRT_Trains_US_East.zip
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 394 times
RRT_Trains.zip
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

Bad_Dude

Post by Bad_Dude » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 pm

ok, im going to try it, Im makeing a backup of the whole game dir. Ill let you know what happends.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Bad_Dude wrote:Ok, what am I doing wrong, I did a clean install, then patched, then installed the Chirstmas pack, then installed the 9Trains.exe, then used the .xml for all trains for US east, the game crashes everytime. Am i missing something?
First BIG mistake is that Christmas pack. It screws up anything having to do with GLOBALS, which is every Installer here. Atani did an Installer for it which you will find here:
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1401

lazersgm - I'm working on a list of Installers you need to have everything like you're speaking of. An Installer which would do what you want can be done without all the permissions, but it would be outdated with the first new Mod created.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....