Diesel Mod - AC4400 Release

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
choobacca

Post by choobacca » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 pm

All trains in the roundhouse are shown in the same scale. The AC4400 is just that much longer than the rest of the engines. Didn't you notice that this engine is much longer when it is rolling down the tracks in the game?

You could set the <Scale> tag in RRT_Trains.xml down to 1.5 as it is set to 2.0 by default. This scale affects how the trains appear in the roundhouse and on the track.

The picture that you reference stormfather, probably had the engines scale set to 1.5 as the Tender Mod originally did.

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:33 pm

dwax wrote:they are sweet! :) For some reason when you go to change the color only one changes, but I can live with that, I got a new engine! :lol:
This was some thing E and I was working on. its in the niff files.I did figure a way to change the 2nd loco but not lead. The problem is
the niffs contian the loco default skins, The game will only change one. either the lead or the 2nd loco depending on how the niif files are writtin.
Unless firasses changes the game code I dont know whut else to do

One can change the trian xml to display a differnt skin as default.this will show in the roundhouse also. but you will still only be able to change the lead unit ingame

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Ozob - aren't the colors of the 2nd unit controled by the TenderCar code? If this is so, take AC4400Dummy, copy the code, change the KFM and/or NIF and it should have the correct colors. If that is not it, what does control the colors in the 2nd unit
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:09 pm

Well not realy the tender just uses the same niff/ model files as the engine
you are just telling the game to use that model as the tender.

I know the tender cars change colors.But these are new models introduced to the game by the mod. Where as when you doublehead.
the game is useing the same model for both,In the niff files are the locos
defualt colors.
I suppose you could export the model into max and make a new tendercar
from it. import it back into the game,then edit your xmls to use it. Thats alota work.even then there are still limitations as the player color could be made to change but the skin would always be whut ever is set in the niff files

Iam happy with just editing my trian xml to show my favorite skin,then change the lead unit .

Zhent

All maps?

Post by Zhent » Tue May 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Sorry for asking what may be a rather silly question, but I'd like to simply add this train to all the maps that I have installed. Is that possible, and if so, could someone talk me through it? Thanks!

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:53 am

No problem. First, always reads the whole thread. One way of doing it in the first post. But, you also can use the minimum programming.

Open the map folder and find the RRT_Trains_(map name).xml.
Copy the following from here:

<Train>
<szName>TAG_NAME_AC4400_DUAL</szName>
<Year>1994</Year>
</Train>

(Add the year line in case you want to change it for a specific map)

now find a <Train>, go to the far left of the line and paste.
Save the file and play.

And as a rule, the only stupid (of in this case, silly) question is the one you don't ask :wink:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....