A pushing train possible?

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
atani

Post by atani » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:12 am

recca421 wrote: These are damn fun to run in Trainz, although there aren't nearly enough examples of the design available for download. I too would love to see one converted over for use in SMRR!, even though it's only 2' gauge.
Not all are 2' gauge... We have the old Sugar Pine RW #3 up here on display, unfortunately due to weather and people some parts of it are in a sad state :(

Here is a picture my wife and I took of it a short bit ago:

Somewhere among the other pictures I do have a picture of the plaque which is to the right of the image above, it has the serial number etc for this engine.

If anyone wants to do up a model for this, I can get up close detailed pictures of this engine and upload them someplace...

Mike

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:41 pm

I'd give up the family jewels to be able to build that but with all the trouble I'm having exporting a working NIF file I'm not even going to condider doing all the work a steam engine requires.
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

VirginiaAndTruckee

Re:

Post by VirginiaAndTruckee » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm

K-class wrote:WOW that is ugly who would want that. Looks like a plumbers nightmare

:shock:
It's not a plumber's nightmare, but the superheated version was a mechanic's nightmare until Willamette came along and improved cab capacity(by moving the cylinders forward), riding(springs leaning toward center of the bolster), efficiency(welded boiler rather than bolted), maintenance cost(cylinders flipped so doors facing out, Stephenson valve gear rather than slide), and several other features.
As "Willies" threatened to bypass Lima they came out with the Pacific Coast Shay, which used about 3/4 of the improvements. Probably the most beautiful Shay was built for WM, the last Shay ever built. If you want a REALLY odd engine, take a look at this: http://www.gearedsteam.com/davenport/davenport.htm