If you have other skinz name accordingly
Attachments
282 Mikado
282 Mikado
282 Mikado.jpg (185.84 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
282 Mikado.zip
282 Mikado
(858.58 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Last edited by OzoB on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

dusan97

Post by dusan97 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:27 pm

Looks good!!!But europe loco 460 please!!!Good evening! :lol:
This is Game of the century.Om tired of the game.
Game never finished

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 am

I can't get them to show up? How do you get them in the game?

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:57 pm

You need to check your version #'s, if you skip one # every skin after that wont show. I make a new folder in SMR\customassets\trians
and place the skins in subfolders within.

example

F:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains\Gp38

Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains\Gp38\v3
Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains\Gp38\v4
Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains\Gp38\v5
ect. ect.

Dont forget the skins from the Firaxis livery pac(_V2)if you have them you have to # New skins after them.... (_v3)

I include the proper version numbers in the first few skins
Then I figured people would have other skins so I decided not to add them anymore. I did post the _v#s from the game.

iF you still cant see them do away with the v# if you see the skin now
(Roundhouse)ingame you no your version #s are wrong..
The firaxis skinning tut is incorrect, a couple of locos already had 3 versions (.default,._v1,._v2)

But most only have 2 versions (.Default,._v1) so any loco after that would start with _v2

You must give all 4 files a version #
example
TGV_DIFF_V3, TGV_NRML_V3, TGV_EMSK_V3, TGV_SPEC_V3

Your SMR custom assets folder can get cluttered up fast thats why I use the subfolders from the example above
Dont get confused with the version #s from the zips and the screenshots
As they are for me to know what Version of that loco Iam on
example
is icetrain Iam on version 4 thats the fourth time ive went over the skin
the game version will still be _v2 this is all in the post and the readme

Maybe an admin here with better writeing skills than me could write a tut for this and sticky it.

If you still cant get it PM me Ill help you
Last edited by OzoB on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm

ok I rechecked all the zips, the only thing I see wrong there,is I included the original spec map for the holiday loco, but it is labeled _vb .
So thats not a problem. for the first few skins you shouldnt have to do
anything other than extract to your custom assets , Assuming you have the livery pack. After that they need to be # correctly. Theres no way for me to know whut every person has in there game.Thats why I quit numbering the skinz. I didnt Know the game would read subfolders at first.
so the first skins are all in one folder,regardless of how many versions were included. Anyway you should be able to D/L say the gp38 lightning zip and simply extract to SMR an BLAMM they are there. because these are numbered and there is no gp skin in the livery pack.
Maybe i should upload a new zip with subfolders and no _v#'s
for all the skins I did number.

Has anyone else had a problem????

8) 8)
For you Dusan (Steam Locos take a long time) 460 next!!
First one came out to dark Ill redo then post D/L
Update ....
ok here it is
Attachments
updated pic
updated pic
462_01 .jpg (274.29 KiB) Viewed 9742 times

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:29 am

462 Class 01

For the sake of ease to people who realy dont like nameing skins.
I gave it the correct _v# ....
To Instal
Unzip the 462_Class 01 folder to SMR\customassets

If you have skins you Know the Version thing
You can rename if necessary

Ingame versions are (default,_v1)

This will be _v2
Attachments
462_class 01.zip
462 Class 01
(696.87 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
462_Class 01
462_Class 01
462 - class 01.jpg (189.34 KiB) Viewed 9723 times
Last edited by OzoB on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:03 am

OzoB
Is the file 462_class 01.zip all the skins? Can you load all them to one file? I must be doing somthing wrong, I still don't ever see them. :(

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:53 am

dwax wrote:OzoB
Is the file 462_class 01.zip all the skins? Can you load all them to one file? I must be doing somthing wrong, I still don't ever see them. :(
Exactly were did you put the folder from the zip

Keep file structure like this

Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains\462-class01\_v2

In the v2 subfolder is (4)v2 skin maps(diff_v2,emsk_v2,nrml_v2,spec_v2)

If this is what you got try and put the 4 skin files in SMR\Customassets
No subfolders.. If the game reads mine it should read yours but its worth a try.
I took those files rite out of my game And thats the file structure I have above..

Ok I Just D/L the zip file, Used the right click menu to
Extract To
Documents and Settings\Myname\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains

Started the game and there it was
You have to switch the skins in game via custimize trian.
If your trying to see it in the Round House, I ve Explained this twice
now in this thread.
I do plan on uploading the first few zips agian with this file structure. So people who dont fiddle with game files can just unzip and drop the folder in SMR\customassets\ and enjoy..

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:51 am

Ok after spending three hours renaming my defaults to originals,
And naming all files assuming noone has any other skins
So the version # wouldnt be a problem. And Zip the files with my file structure striaght from my game. I realized that I was Wasting my Time.
If people are going to use skins, They are going to have to give skins
Version #s and Place them in the correct location..
I sure Iam not the only one skinning locos for this game.
So you will either learn to do this or your SOL
But i will give as much help to anyone as I can.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:23 am

This isn't to offend you OzoB, but I think we need someone to do a detailed explaination of putting skin files into the game. I haven't tried this yet, and with 5 grandkids for the weekend, I'm gone, happy, but gone :D :D :D :D :D
We need someone with editing skills to search the forum, get the data together and write it up. Another thing for the Wiki.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:29 pm

So here we have an immensely fun game with great modding possibilites thats buggy, almost impossible for the average guy to get mods to work, with a buggy terrain editor with little or no xml/scenerio support in editor for the average guy who just wants to make a map to play on or share and not have to learn and pore hours over code to do. Yeah, thats the ticket for fun and sales and game longevity.... oh yeah and support from the company that teased us oh so well with what could be a masterpiece... don't even get me started on that cause I'm sure not seeing much of that on the forums or even their own website. Yeah, I'm disallusioned but I've junked many a game after less than a week because of boredom, bad design etc, but I really really want to be able to play this game, make maps that actually work, download and use skins, new loco's maps and other cool stuff that's being made but please, why does it have to be so painful and hard? I just wanna have fun :(

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Snoop no offence taken I agree my writing skills are lacking!!LOL
anyway .I did redo the first few skins all the way to the Seahwk.
If you download say the GP38 now and extract the folder in the zip to
SMR/customassets/trians. You have to do nothing else. all the files are version ready. I didnt make any changes so theres no need to redownload
If you already have them. Otherthan place them in the file structure above
Now if you go to the folder you can see by example how these need to be numbered.When more people start doing skins,Ingame version #s will be more important.But its realy not hard. Keeping each skin in a v# subfolder under the Loco will make it realy easy to know whut version is next. I like to think I started a good thing with this file structure.
So go download all the skins up to the seahawk extract them to you trians folder in SMR custom assets . Now if you get a new gp 38 skin you can look in your gp 38 subfolder and see whut your last V# was and make the new one next, Wich would be _v8 since Ive Done Five skins for this loco
And CeeBee I feel ya even with out mods this game has the CTD Bugg

I hope all that time it took to redo the Zips and this File structure help

Take note to the gp38 Verisons start with V3 ,That is because the game
has 3 versions to start with.( Deault,_v1 ,_v2) . So the addon skins
Start with _v3 ,_v4 , _v5 ect. Not all game locos have three version most only have two< This is why I give the ingame versions with my post.
So if you dont have a skin for that loco . You will Know whut version is next. If you Keep this file structure , You can easly look to see whut version is next........................................ You can name your subfolders anyway you want you dont have to use my names.This is the file structure I use to keep my skins organized. As you can see I have quite a few skins all of wich work with no problem.
(except the 1co1 witch has a bugg that needs fixed by Firaxis)
Attachments
File Structure
File Structure
Project1.jpg (89.32 KiB) Viewed 9691 times
Last edited by OzoB on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:45 pm

I seen when I unziped the files they went to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Unzipped Then I selected winzip clasic and extracted them all to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains is this right?? But I still don't see them. I have a saved game, The NorthWest map would they show up in the saved game? Or would you have to start a new game to see them??

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:58 pm

OzoB, I want to use your stuff so bad, and custom maps, and the GP7 etc. etc. but either the stuff just doesn't show up or worse, it CTD's. See my post coming shortly in the mesa madness thread for something I found rather interesting.... so far anyway.

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:01 pm

dwax wrote:I seen when I unziped the files they went to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Unzipped Then I selected winzip clasic and extracted them all to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\Trains is this right?? But I still don't see them. I have a saved game, The NorthWest map would they show up in the saved game? Or would you have to start a new game to see them??

Yes they will show up in saved games thats How I test them ingame
Look at the new file structure Jpeg this is whut you need
You could just drop the 4 maps in SMR\Custom assets with no folders
But Trust me it will get cluttered up.
Maybe you should extract to your desk top then move the folder to SMR

Ok A thought on A problem Ive had. Start you task manager go to process make sure Railroads is not still running.I have this problem alot.
Even thou I closed it ,Its still running. If you make any changes and the Game aint fully closed they dont show up or it crashes and I have to reboot
Last edited by OzoB on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.