SMR Trian skins

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
atani

Post by atani » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:40 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:
dwax wrote:Anyone try these? did they show up??
I installed the GP7 this morning but no amount of fiddling with the train and traincar xml's with my BC Gold modern era map will get them to show up. I looked at how choobacca and big papa did the new trains in their map and tried to do the same with the gp7 but after an hour or 2 of crashing I am taking a break. :( I didnt install any of the skins yet because I wanted to get the GP7 working first.
Ok, I did some testing using BC Gold and all I end up with is a bunch of CTDs :(

I will do some more digging and testing this morning on these and post a new version of the installer.

Mike

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:53 pm

Mike, I really appreciate all the work you are doing with the map and train installers. SMR can be frustrating enough with the issues it has and then throw in the xml issues and Firaxis lack of documetation for the "unofficial" terrain editor and map and mod creation in general and it's a given IMHO that without all the guys(long list of names but you all know who you are) :) :) who are putting so much time and effort into making this game better most of us would have given up in despair a long time ago. It's becomg clearer by the day that Firaxis has long since abandoned us so any hope for another patch, documentation for the editor/mod situation or even an expansion pack is nothing but a pipe dream, so my only hope is that enough of this hardcore group hangs around to keep what is a fun and addicting game going for a good while longer.
Thanks from one addicted trainzer. :D

atani

Post by atani » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:09 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:Mike, I really appreciate all the work you are doing with the map and train installers.
This should offer some encouragement :)

FYI... FPK files must live in the CustomAssets directory and not a subdir!

Mike
Attachments
BD_Gold_gp38_ss.jpg
BD_Gold_gp38_ss.jpg (234.64 KiB) Viewed 9691 times
BC_Gold_gp7.jpg
BC_Gold_gp7.jpg (217.85 KiB) Viewed 9701 times

atani

Post by atani » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:33 pm

atani wrote:This post contains installers for all of the skins in this thread
Attachments
Setup_V200BB_1.0.zip
V200 B-B skins
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 744 times
Setup_TVGRailCars_1.0.zip
TVG Railcars (body stripe, pin stripe and ICE cars)
(295.23 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
Setup_P5A_1.0.zip
P5A skins
(863.8 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Setup_TGV_1.0.zip
TVG Ice train
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 860 times
Setup_GP38SkinPac_1.0.zip
GP38 Skinpack
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 849 times

atani

Post by atani » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Ok, all skins from this thread are completed as installers now.

Any problems or requests post them here...

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:05 pm

did you get them to show up atani?? I know at one time I tried them without the installer and it locked up the game.

I sure like the double engines in that picture, wish I was smart enough to do that to my maps. :cry: :D

atani

Post by atani » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:23 pm

dwax wrote:did you get them to show up atani?? I know at one time I tried them without the installer and it locked up the game.
If you install via the latest installers it should work now.. I had a bug in the GP7 installers which caused CTDs. I reuploaded a fixed version (I forgot one file and put the FPK in the wrong location)
dwax wrote: I sure like the double engines in that picture, wish I was smart enough to do that to my maps. :cry: :D
As long as the maps reference the train engine and the RRT_Trains.xml and RRT_TrainCars.xml contains the right info (TenderCar entry) then the double head will be automatic.

Mike

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:26 am

This is a dream come true - train installers - awsome work atani for the installers and all thos that did the skins. Off to go play.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

v200

Post by v200 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am

I have a question for Ozob i was looking at the pictures of the TGV skin when your selecting the train and i really liked that one train that was next to the TGV it was in like a santa fe skin and i would like to know where you got the train because i really want it

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:25 pm

So far no luck with the skins. I did some looking around in the custom assets folder and they are in CustomAssets/TrainSkins/Mikado etc. but I noticed the GP7 skins are in a FPK file located in asubfolder called GP7SkinPac. Is this the proper location for them and will the FPK file work in that location?

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:07 pm

OK, got the GP7 skins to work by moving the GP7SkinPak.FPK file to the main CustomAssets folder where all the other FPK files reside. I also re-installed SMR to get a clean install so nothing I'm not aware of would be effing things up. I'll have to read through this thread to see what skins I should have for the various engines and then check them out as I'm not really sure whats default and whats not, especially with the in game loco's.

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:05 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:OK, got the GP7 skins to work by moving the GP7SkinPak.FPK file to the main CustomAssets folder where all the other FPK files reside.
Make sure you are using the 1.0a version of the installer. It should be installing it directly into CustomAssets. The 1.0 installer put it into a subdirectory and I found this does nothing but cause problems with the game.

Mike

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm

yeah, I just noticed there was a new version..... after I figured out the problem :lol: I'm still struggling with a different problem that goes back a ways. For some reason after I fooled around with customizing a loco in game, no matter what I do I can't get the in-game loco's to show up in their default colors. I've tried re-installing and it's still messed up and I can't find anything in the settings.ini file or any other place that looks like the problem. I'm wondering if it's something in the registry but you would think that doing a complete uninstall-reinstall it should remove registry entries. It kinda sux having blue engines and yeah, I can change the color when I'm playing but the next time I run the game they are blue again :(

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:14 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:For some reason after I fooled around with customizing a loco in game, no matter what I do I can't get the in-game loco's to show up in their default colors.
A clean install should have fixed that... About the only thing I can think of is that you have some file someplace in the CustomAssets tree which is causing it to use the different colors...

Mike

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Finely I can see the new skins And the look great! :) Thanks atani and OzoB! :) wish he was still around to make more. :)