SMR Trian skins

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
OzoB

Post by OzoB » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:22 pm

Surprise Surprise.... LOL
I am still around just lurking in the shadows..

Just wanted to give Atani "Props" for the instalers so my skinz can live on..

Maybe a specific thread "Sticky" for moderators only to post these instalers in .
To make them easyer to find.

When time permits ill do some more skinning,and finish the projects I started.

Still puzzles me how so many peeps have problems with skinz,duoble heading ect but iam glad to see you all have worked thru most of them.

To the guy with texture problems.. the default trian colors are in the trian xml, they are in rg8 color #s if that made any sence anyway.

No need for a fresh instal.. Just replace the default colar in your trian xml
with the default #s.. For this you will need to have the original xml file (un edited)Shame on you if you didnt make a back up..lol but Iam sure you can get that from someone.
In the xml each loco has a default color value.. edit and save wa laa

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:48 pm

OzoB wrote:Maybe a specific thread "Sticky" for moderators only to post these instalers in .
To make them easyer to find.
It is easier as I just found out from atani. I just wiped my game and searched fro each Installer, 43 of them. If you go into Wiki, all the maps are listed there along with a click to the installer. I spoke with atani about an Announcment to point ths and other things out to new people.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:21 am

OzoB wrote:Surprise Surprise.... LOL
I am still around just lurking in the shadows..

To the guy with texture problems.. the default trian colors are in the trian xml, they are in rg8 color #s if that made any sence anyway.

No need for a fresh instal.. Just replace the default colar in your trian xml
with the default #s.. For this you will need to have the original xml file (un edited)Shame on you if you didnt make a back up..lol but Iam sure you can get that from someone.
In the xml each loco has a default color value.. edit and save wa laa
Welcome back OzoB :)
The guy with the texture/color problem would be me but wouldn't you know it.... the RRT_Train.xml in the Firaxis folder and the RRT_Train.xml in the Custom Assets folder have the correct default RGB values for the original color. Even with a complete unistall-remove the complete custom asset folder and a brand new re-install the default train colors still don't show. Even before I patch the game they don't work. I cannot find any SMR references in the registry after the uninstall but something on my system is holding the non-default values and I'm damned if I can figure it out. Basically I've given up trying and just live with it as blue engines really are not that bad .... ok.... I lied about the not so bad part but what the hey..... at least I can play the game, run the GP7's and see all the skins you made thanks to atani's installer :)

gforce

Post by gforce » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:04 am

i've got also always blue trains, and yes noway it has something to do with the deafult setting...
but once i had it working like it should, but then again it doesn't work anymore, but when it worked, it was something like this,
change the color don't apply to all trains, do it for all your trains and for all the texture-mappings and it might work (for a moment)

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:53 am

gforce wrote:i've got also always blue trains, and yes noway it has something to do with the deafult setting...
but once i had it working like it should, but then again it doesn't work anymore, but when it worked, it was something like this,
change the color don't apply to all trains, do it for all your trains and for all the texture-mappings and it might work (for a moment)
misery loves company :oops: Glad ...(sorta) to see I'm not the only one with blue trains. A long time ago they were colored properly, even after I had customized them once in awhile. If I remember correctly the customized colors were set back to default each time I started up the game but for some reason things are messed up now and I'm buggered to figure out why. I've tried the customize and not apply to all trains and I've tried every which way but loose but nada.... nothing.... noway Jose. Is there any holiday type day that has blue as it's color? Maybe something to do with music and New Orleans.... ahem :roll: :oops: :shock:

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Nott sure why a fresh instal doesnt correct your problem.Thats just plain F**ked up.Sorry bout my french, lol

As most loco have different default colors. One can only ponder why every single loco ingame uses the same color even if your xml states otherwise.

Sorry Homie butt Iam Lost on this one???

I would suggest you uninstal. make sure you delete all the folders.
from the game root directory and in your My Documents.

reinstal , patch , with no mods
Play the game. you should now have the defaults
then add one mod at a time maybe you mite find one causeing this conflict.

If not sorry for all the trouble and have a blue day.

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 am

Been there, done that ...... smurf's still on the loose but hey, I's so used to blue I don't hardly give a d*&m anymore so long as I can get all the new engines to run:)

Jagabot

Post by Jagabot » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:21 am

The reason a fresh install doesn't fix your issue is you most likely did not delete the files in your my documents folder.

If you have more than one user on your Windows XP /2K/Vista machine, then you will also have more than one my documents location. All these addons default to Documents and Settings/User/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Railroads! but not everyone will have their game installed there. And, as I found out with Railroads! if you uninstall the game it too expects all your extras to be in this location.

When I start Windows XP and intend to play an RTS game like Railroads!, I select my user account named RTS GAMER. Because of this, my Railroads files are inside Documents and Settings/RTS GAMER/My Documents/My Games/RAILROADS/ they're inside RAILROADS because that is my installed location directory name on my F: drive. If I do a reinstall of the game (after uninstalling it), I still see all the added content, including anything messed up by a bad XML file edit, or a buggy add-on. This is due to the way windows handles identities and /My Documents/ ownership, and isn't exactly Firaxis' fault.

I'm guessing you share your computer with somebody else and installed the game while logged in as them and then later played it logged in as you, or you ran the game from the exe inside your railroads directory after reinstalling windows (and thus let the game's initialization state checking take care of creating the my documents data). The game doesn't replace the files contained inside your /My Documents/My Games/ directory when you reinstall. If they exist it instead simply says "yup that's there, check next file... etc" when you first run the game. (They would do this intentionally so it doesn't overwrite XML files you may have customized to suit your personal game preferences.)

You can simply delete every My Documents/My Games/Railroads! instance you can find on your windows installed drive, restart the game and let it rebuild them all for you and you'll be back in working order. You can do this anytime you want. Lets say you screw up an XML file and forget which one it was, or you downloaded a new mod/map/train etc and it hooped your entire game for you -- simply delete the entire My Games/Railroads! directory and start up the game and it will re-create everything to default settings. You will lose saved games however, so if you really want them copy them to another location first - then start the game and exit the game - then copy them back and restart the game.

If you're going to do a "fresh" install, check every single My Documents/ location on your Windows XP/2K/Vista drive. You're more likely than not unaware that you're forgetting to delete some files that are the cause of your problem. If you ensure they're all gone from there, and then do a fresh install, the "can't change train colors from blue" problem will go away. (You will need to be logged in using an administrator level account to delete other users/identities' files.)

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:25 am

Actually, I'm the only user and there are no other locations of SMR other than the Firaxis install in my programs and the custom stuff in my documents/my games. I made sure both locations were gone.... completely and checked the registry as well. If there is a setting somewhere thats causing it, it's sure not in those 2 locations.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:07 pm

CeeBee51

Also look in the program files they place alot of different file in there. don't know if they all get deleted when you unstall. :) 8)

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Unless they are somewhere else other than in the Program Files/2k Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Railroads I got rid of them all. Also the complete Railroads folder(the only one) in my documents too so if anyone knows of some other hidden location I'm all ears. :)

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:26 pm

At the risk of repeating things and being redundant, did you delete them to the Recycle Bin or did you Move them to another folder? When I want something gone I Shift-Delete, this bypasses the Recycle Bin and sends them directly to the 'bit bucket'. Afterwards did you put back and custom content? I'm just wondering if somehow a preferences file got restored.

('them' being any files in ../My Games/SMR & ../Program Files/2k Games/Firaxis Games/

Did you ever post a screenshot of this? And is the whole engine blue or just the User changeable part of the skin??

DF

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:48 pm

just the user changable parts are blue. I just moved the custom assets stuff to a different folder so I could put it back later. I had the blue problem after a SMR re-install with no custom assets installed at all.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 am

I posted test results in your thread in Technical Issues.