Tender mod and Christmas scenario

Develop, share and download custom trains and rolling stock
Sundog

Tender mod and Christmas scenario

Post by Sundog » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:58 pm

In case anyone runs into this... When I installed the Christmas scenario, the Christmas loco showed up as a large red blob. I had the tender mod installed which was causing the problem.

Fixed it by opening up the scenario's Trains.xml file, copying the Christmas train section and pasting it into the tender mod's Trains.xml file. While I was at it, I also added a tender car to the Christmas loco (the little red one). Works great and looks nice with the tender car added.

I'm running it in train table mode with a bunch of trains running all day today (like a holiday screen saver).

Sundog

Post by Sundog » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:29 pm

Here's a copy of the edited tender mod RRT_Trains.xml if anyone wants to try out the Christmas scenario with Mange's Tender Mod. Backup the existing mod RRT_Trains.xml and replace with the one in this zip file. The Christmas engine should show up now, and it also adds a tender car.
Attachments
RRT_Trains.zip
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 558 times

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:06 pm

Sundog

What folder dose this go in to? :shock:

Sundog

Post by Sundog » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:10 pm

dwax wrote:Sundog

What folder dose this go in to? :shock:
You need to have Mange's Tender Mod installed first, this file is just an edit of one of the files in his mod, that should be located in 'My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML' folder.

OzoB

Post by OzoB » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:44 am

You could alway just edit your file. And add the tendercar line
That way you can reasign some off the tenders that look out of place.

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I put the newtender.fpk in the custom assets folder and the xml files in the custom assets xml folder and still no tenders.Santa's engine is back but I'm about to give up on having tenders. Anyone have any ideas?