The Patch Saved This Game

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Bleser

The Patch Saved This Game

Post by Bleser » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:00 am

Hello all,

For any of you that have complained about various aspects of this game and quit playing it becuase of those facts, I urge you to give it a second look with the v1.01 patch applied. I just played a map for about three hours straight and the performance fixes associated with laying new track and placing new buildings ALONE makes this game 100% more enjoyable.

I never had any CTD problems but apparenlty they cleaned them all up. There has also be various tweaks like applying your custom engine color to all new trains and the AI setting up auctions on industry accross the map.

It's a whole new game!

rsuttles58

Post by rsuttles58 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:09 pm

I am actually impressed.

My first game back from it worked for 30 minutes(not impressive) and I about gave up. The time after that it worked for 1 hour and a half with no problems. Before that I had a max playtime of 25 minutes. Granted, the game still is not working perfectly for me but it's better then what it was.

recca421

Post by recca421 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:21 am

Much more stable. Only one CTD so far, and I was trying to lay track 1/2 way across "Island Hopping".

Now if only there was a patch I could download for my brain that stopped me from laying down "stupid" track and then abandoning the round by 1900 . . .

Kenster

Post by Kenster » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi you all..

This is my first post.. woo who.

Yes I also think the patch pretty much saved this game..

Still a few things need straighten out, but at least I can finish most rounds now with out a CTD..

It still will freeze when laying track, even very short sections when the map is full of my track (the more track the longer the freeze) held my breath many times expecting a CDT, but it only happened twice since patching.. :wink:

P.S. Firaxis/2K needs to list the patch as store box only and suggest any one that bought it via down load go back to their site for the patch.