New Map Posted

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
slider38

New Map Posted

Post by slider38 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Folks, I just wanted to let you know that the map - Minnesota Rail has been posted. It is in the Minnesota Rail thread under "Maps in Development". I have done a fair amount of testing, but I would appreciate some additional folks checking it out. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks, Slider

Warll

Re: New Map Posted

Post by Warll » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Thank you Slider. Your Minnesota map is now the first and likely only map for 2015.

Honestly, it feels hard to express how long this site has stayed alive. Next month will mark 9 years since SMR's release. I started on smrsimple in mid-2009. Weird to think that it took 3 years for me to start smrsimple yet this site has managed to live through 2/3's of the game's existence.

Just while Smrsimple has been around I have:

1. Graduated High School
2. Graduated University
3. Abandoned a career in the american software industry
4. Moved to Japan
5. Started a career in the Japanese games industry
6. Worked on two canceled games
7. Just ready to ship the first success

My inspiration for smrsimple was Cafe Tropico. An old fansite for the original Tropico game which managed to hold on for ages. The [ur=https://web.archive.org/web/20131030050 ... m/tropico/]fansite [/url]died in 2013, a whole 12 years after Tropico's release.

We could very well outlive the site I so looked up to. Wouldn't that be awesome?

pumanator

Post by pumanator » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 am

Just played it...WOW :shock: SLider, do you work in the game ind cause if you don't you should.

This is youR best SAM by far and I really like youR other maps.

It crashed once and the second time the AI beat the tar out of me. Third time even though I won against AI I didnt want to stop playing...true test of a map is keeping you hammering away even after the win.

BRAVISSIMO!!!

slider38

Post by slider38 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Warll, I'm sorry I did not respond to your post earlier. I just haven't been back through the forum posts in a while. I would just like to thank you for keeping this website going. Working on stuff for this game has become my primary hobby I guess and if it weren't for you and for Bobby's site, it just wouldn't be possible. So THANK YOU :D You give a lot of happiness to the rest of us.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 am

Sweet, heres to another 5 years!

CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Here here!
And I hope your Japanese Game does well too.
motherboard : Asus P5N-E SLI
processor: Dual Core 2.4 GHz
memory : 2046MB
video card: GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
operating system: winxp media
Display: 24" Dell at 1920x1200

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Speaking of which, we shipped the game on Android just this last Friday. Over the weekend I pulled some overtime fixing things. Its all in Japanese but I think foreign phones can download it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gcw&;hl=ja